Warning - Holes Bay Road, Poole - Warning

Gs Craig

Reaction score
Hi All,

On Holes bay road they have red light cameras near Asda, these cameras have now had a sensor fitted to catch you if your going over the 30mph limit!
even if the lights are green.

I've been told they are the first of this kind in the country.

Please pass on to everyone you know, so the goverment does not get our hard earned cash

:thumb2

I read somewhere that it only needs a software change plus a few lines on the road and all red light cameras become speed cameras. Maybe only a matter of time :nenau

I've been told that a shit load of people have been caught with it already!

Bike night on Tuesday should be fun for those that don't know about it

:blast

Sorry if I'm being a bit thick but what is a red light camera:confused:, we don't have many traffic lights in my bit of Cornwall, and I don't get out much:(. A pic would be good:thumb2.

They tend to be a grey camera on a grey post very near to traffic lights.
If you go through a red light they will take your picture, then you get sent a fine etc through the post.

Typical Traffic Light Camera -

Most Common Type Of Traffic Light -

As you are unfamiliar with red light camera's this site will help you.
It's for Devon & Cornwall
http://www.dcsafetycameras.org/enforcement/redLight.aspx

:thumb2

Aimed at the kind of plonker who will see the lights change to amber and view that as a challenge.

I asked someone from Dorset camera partnership about those and they looked at me blankly... So for peace of mind they are going to confirm or deny this...

Sorry if I'm being a bit thick but what is a red light camera:confused:, we don't have many traffic lights in my bit of Cornwall, and I don't get out much:(. A pic would be good:thumb2.
Hi Bubbles,
When you leave Truro towards St A there is a red light camera on the lights at the bottom of the hill.

There are new lines painted on the road but they do not look like the "usual" speed camera lines. If the rumours are true then there will be a shed load of folks, and a lot of bikers, caught but as yet I don't know of anyone who has actually seen the camera going off and the activation date still seems vague.

Andy

I often pass there, thanks for the heads up.

Does Dorset 'Safety' camera partnership adhere to the guidelines of painting speed cameras yellow? If so then I guess these will get some yellow paint.

Chris

Yep its confirmed, the sites will be updated on their website as of the 1st July.

>>>>>>>>

Dorset Safety Camera Partnership -

Casualty Prevention Through Speed Enforcement at

Traffic Light Junctions

As part of the drive to meet the Government target of a 40% reduction in the number of people killed or seriously injured in road collisions by 2010, the Dorset Safety Camera Partnership (DSCP) will be starting to conduct speed enforcement at traffic light junctions from 1st July 2009.

Following Home Office Type Approval for ‘Speed on Green’ safety cameras, the red light safety cameras which previously only monitored vehicle non-compliance with a red signal at traffic lights, will now also be used to enforce compliance with the speed limit of vehicles crossing junctions on a green signal.

Johnny Stephens, Head of Fixed Penalties at the Dorset Safety Camera Partnership comments: "We have been conducting trials at various traffic light junctions in Dorset, the results have not been used for enforcement purposes but have alerted us to the alarming number of vehicles speeding whilst crossing the junctions. Exceeding the speed limit through a traffic light junction is extremely dangerous and this initiative is designed to ensure that collisions are prevented by ensuring that drivers abide with legal and appropriate speeds."

DSCP is working with the manufacturers of the cameras and the Borough of Poole Council, who are in the process of making necessary changes to the existing red light safety camera junctions. This will involve minor disruption to the roads and drivers will notice that there are now secondary check lines on the road at applicable junctions.

A list of the junctions where Speed on Green safety cameras are in use will be available on the DSCP website from 1st July -www.dorsetsafetycameras.org.uk.

Hi Bubbles, I'm doing fine thanks, 800 going well thanks, been busy putting on a new garage roof so not had much chance to ride lately.

Looking forward to the next run out. Was'nt Nate going to organise something?

Back
Top Bottom