R1100RT

Nice bike Thunder

Came close to buying an 11RT on ebay t'other day. 98, 75 anniversary model being sold by Rainbow for a customer. Very nice bike. Went for £3.1 k. Not me tho'. Captain Sensible took over again before the mouse got clicked.

I'll be looking for one in the Autumn tho' so if anyone knows of a likely 1100 or 1150 RT coming up for sale then, I could be yer man!

Came close to buying an 11RT on ebay t'other day. 98, 75 anniversary model being sold by Rainbow for a customer. Very nice bike. Went for £3.1 k. Not me tho'. Captain Sensible took over again before the mouse got clicked.

I'll be looking for one in the Autumn tho' so if anyone knows of a likely 1100 or 1150 RT coming up for sale then, I could be yer man!

I saw that bike in the flesh last week and it was very, very nice...............you missed a nice one.............not the usual rot boxes

I saw that bike in the flesh last week and it was very, very nice...............you missed a nice one.............not the usual rot boxes

Bugger!:(

Ah well. As I said, I'm not really in a position to buy owt (so I've been told anyway.) A different story in a couple of months.

Some nice looking RT's in here.

Brought a 1150RT in April and still waiting to pick it up :tears , the waits getting a little much now when I'm itching to get out for a proper ride.

Was undecided over a GS or RT but all my riding is road based commuting on the motorway. When I do get it plan on doing a week away around Scotland.

Still tempted by a GS but think i'll spend a few months on the RT (when i finally get it) before putting another bike in the garage.

Some nice looking RT's in here.

Brought a 1150RT in April and still waiting to pick it up :tears , the waits getting a little much now when I'm itching to get out for a proper ride.

Was undecided over a GS or RT but all my riding is road based commuting on the motorway. When I do get it plan on doing a week away around Scotland.

Still tempted by a GS but think i'll spend a few months on the RT (when i finally get it) before putting another bike in the garage.

Good man. :thumb

So when you collecting it then? Skye soiree is the end of August ya know. :augie

Was thinking about one as a second bike for occasional 2 up touring. The missus doesn't like riding pillion on the GS, she says its too tall and keeps thinking she's about to fall off so is not relaxed on a longer journey:( A question to other owners here...how does your pillion find them...comfy, stable etc? There are plenty of realy good 11RT's on the market just now in very good condition and at decent prices:thumb2

Where were you, Eddie?

I'd vote for just outside the rather splendid perpendicular (and fan-vaulted) South porch of St John the Baptist, Cirencester. Next door to what used to be a very fine deli indeedy.

Here I am

Where were you, Eddie?

I'd vote for just outside the rather splendid perpendicular (and fan-vaulted) South porch of St John the Baptist, Cirencester. Next door to what used to be a very fine deli indeedy.

Got it right ........:thumb2:thumb2:thumb2

Here 's yet more proof ...........

381299844_MBsDA-L.jpg

Riding it every day , and still lovin it - even in the pouring rain on the way to work this morn , when I sailed past a 600 cc Bandit , rider all hunched up and not looking comfortable at all , the RT makes such sense - good all rounder .

See you on the road sometime ,

Safe riding
Steve

Was thinking about one as a second bike for occasional 2 up touring. The missus doesn't like riding pillion on the GS, she says its too tall and keeps thinking she's about to fall off so is not relaxed on a longer journey:( A question to other owners here...how does your pillion find them...comfy, stable etc? There are plenty of realy good 11RT's on the market just now in very good condition and at decent prices:thumb2

Those are the reasons exactly I went for the 1100RT and on the limited occasions we have been out 2 up it ticks all the boxes.

Ms Cheeks finds it incredibly comfortable and from my point of view you'd hardly no she was there, bike is very stable at all speeds and the protection provided by the plastics and adjustable screen is brilliant.

Definetly worth a look IMPO:thumb

Mine needs the TPS checked, anyone know which pins I should be looking at to set the correct 370mv

its surging slightly, and I can do it whilst I fit my steptoes headguards that have been sat on the seat for the last month :augie

Very nice bike Roger, must say I have been considering an RT for quite a while and the more consistent and predictable our summer rain is, the more drawn I become, mmmmm, food for thought, cheers :beer:

I bought a 1150rt a month or so ago to sit with the GS and Rockster in the garage , was very suprised what a nice bike to ride it is , even on the small roads over here . If i could suss out how to post pictures on here iwould put a couple up .

I bought a 1150rt a month or so ago to sit with the GS and Rockster in the garage , was very suprised what a nice bike to ride it is , even on the small roads over here . If i could suss out how to post pictures on here iwould put a couple up .

pm me your email, you can send me them and I will post them up :thumb2

Bowt time we had a RT section :augie

Rt's

:thumb2

I've had two, Rt 1100's and a RT 1150.

Excellent "long-Haul" bikes especially the 1150 (2002 version) had fun in France on this one below...

Going to Le-Harve ferry port, i stopped for a ciggy at the Paearge and was flanked by two gendarmes on their Rt's and a Gerndarme Police car behind me!

My enthusiastic riding was noted :)augie) and i was cautioned "late for the Ferry" excuss worked!

RT002.jpg

Those are the reasons exactly I went for the 1100RT and on the limited occasions we have been out 2 up it ticks all the boxes.

Ms Cheeks finds it incredibly comfortable and from my point of view you'd hardly no she was there, bike is very stable at all speeds and the protection provided by the plastics and adjustable screen is brilliant.

Definetly worth a look IMPO:thumb

Thanks Thunder...I will take a closer look. Saw one at Ullapool yesterday and the missus likes the look of them:thumb2

Comfort

Thanks Thunder...I will take a closer look. Saw one at Ullapool yesterday and the missus likes the look of them:thumb2

My son [ 15 at the time ] fell asleep on the back of my last 1100 RT in 04 .
We were riding back from Scotland , having left at 5.30 am [ he wanted to get home early pm so he could meet up with his mates ] , and ridden from Fort William back down the A82 - we had it all to ourselves , all the way back to the Erskine bridge - fab ride ......... we got onto the M6 , and just near the Thelwall viaduct , I overtook a white van , and as I passed he was gesticulating that the lightweight had nodded off , head forward , hands on the panniers .................. so I pulled into the services and made him drink a large coffee and then he " managed " a King size Mars bar in true teengage boy fashion - must 've took him at least a minute !!
Suitably refreshed , we set off again , eventuall arriving home at 1.15pm .

Steve

Back
Top Bottom