R1100RT

Got my baby back!!

I bought an 1100RT SE in 1998 from proceeds of a libel case (S.I.C.)- she was known as "the independent"!

Rode 49,000 enjoyable miles and had annual tours of France and beyond.

After I had a 1200GS and more recently an 1150GSA I foolishly sold her to best mate.

He's barely ridden her for the past 3 years so yesterday I bought her back!!!

Couldn't be happier.

She looks good for 11 years old and 56,000 miles, don't you think? Aerial was snapped off by a drunk in Cork 1999.

Attachments

• rt.jpg
    rt.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 245
Silver

I bought an 1100RT SE in 1998 from proceeds of a libel case (S.I.C.)- she was known as "the independent"!

Rode 49,000 enjoyable miles and had annual tours of France and beyond.

After I had a 1200GS and more recently an 1150GSA I foolishly sold her to best mate.

He's barely ridden her for the past 3 years so yesterday I bought her back!!!

Couldn't be happier.

She looks good for 11 years old and 56,000 miles, don't you think? Aerial was snapped off by a drunk in Cork 1999.

Smart looking bike there mate .

Steve

Every RT needs one of these.....................pity BMW didn't fit them as standard from new:blast

Keeps the crap off the downpipes and front engine cover:augie

Carbon Front Mudguard from Sprint

RT1.jpg

RT2.jpg

RT6.jpg

RT5.jpg

R11RT

I bought an R11RT and picked it up from Cumbria today. Got the train down this morn and at a sunny 22 deg probably couldn't have picked a better day to get aquanted on the 240 mile run home. Bike is a 98 model, blue metalic, with only 19k on the clock and FSH, a minter:thumb2. Didn't take long to get used to the ride position and handling which is great and very stable. Great protection as well, visor up at 80mph with the screen (aftermarket) raised:blagblah
Gearbox not as refined as my 12GS, but you get to know how to use it and was snicking it in just fine after a bit. Power is ample and even filtered for 6 miles (luggage on) at roadworks near Glasgow, low speed stability better than I expected (my GS is terrific at this) The tester will be to see if the missus likes it:augie
Pics will be posted:thumb

R11RT

A few pics....had the 'Pipe & Slippers' up Deeside today...lovely:thumb2

Attachments

• R11RT 006a.JPG
    R11RT 006a.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 323
  • R11RT 005a.JPG
    R11RT 005a.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 310
  • R11RT 007a.JPG
    R11RT 007a.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 398
  • R11RT 012a.JPG
    R11RT 012a.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 324
98 RT

A few pics....had the 'Pipe & Slippers' up Deeside today...lovely:thumb2

Great machine - same year as mine , but mine has 65 k on it and is not as cometically good ......... still a bloody good bike though .
Had to spend on the family bus , and the bike needs two new tyres , but that will now have to wait until next month when I get back from hols [ off to Antibes in the South of France on 20th , returning 6th Sept ] .

Enjoy the new steed and ride safe ,

Steve

Let there be Bling!!!

Well, young Mike (cardiff motorad) has had the RT for a fortnight and has just taken far too much money off me:

New Wilbur shocks :thumb2:thumb2:thumb2:thumb2
New Remus exhaust (sounds great)
New HID light and PIAA's
New front tyre
48k service and MOT

Damn near doubled the value of the bike :eek:

Ahh, but she's back with me and rides like a dream :clap

Heres to another 56,000 miles!!

Pictures show light pre and post HID

p.s. Mike's a bit down a best mate died 2 weeks ago on bike - RIP :rose

Attachments

• bling3.jpg
    bling3.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 247
  • bling1.jpg
    bling1.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 243
  • bling2.jpg
    bling2.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 245
1100 RT's

I'll keep the glove box for the gloves then, mind you a man can never have enough sockets :augie

That glove box is massive I used to keep a pair of waterproof trousers in the bottom and still have loads of room for maps boat tickets etc good bike only problem with mine (1997) the gear box was very noisy el la several of this vintage. The SE came out before the 1150 (servos AGHHH) cameout stick to 1100's only got rid of mine cos I had a lot of p taking 'cos I dident have a GS,
had ago on one and that was it! exi9led to this site as well! must have something wrong in the last life!. Brilliant in the wet youdon't get wet aprt from traffic stops!

That glove box is massive I used to keep a pair of waterproof trousers in the bottom and still have loads of room for maps boat tickets etc good bike only problem with mine (1997) the gear box was very noisy el la several of this vintage. The SE came out before the 1150 (servos AGHHH) cameout stick to 1100's only got rid of mine cos I had a lot of p taking 'cos I dident have a GS,
had ago on one and that was it! exi9led to this site as well! must have something wrong in the last life!. Brilliant in the wet youdon't get wet aprt from traffic stops!
The 1100/1150 glove box is way more useful then the one on the 1200, you can hardly get your hand in that one :(

Here we go then ...

newbike.jpg
and here she is naked and ready for the ACF 50 ...

scotboxer

98 75 anniversary model. Rides really well and got 234 miles on a tankful recently so it seems on a par with my old RS. Started the bling by putting on the stainless filler plugs etc and have got a ceebailey's bigger scree and tankbag from a guy in the BM club.

Next steps: HID (courtesy of VVM.com) and a sargent seat would be nice. Any chance of some details of your PIAA fitment Bladerunner?

newbike.jpg

scotboxer

98 75 anniversary model. Rides really well and got 234 miles on a tankful recently so it seems on a par with my old RS. Started the bling by putting on the stainless filler plugs etc and have got a ceebailey's bigger scree and tankbag from a guy in the BM club.

Next steps: HID (courtesy of VVM.com) and a sargent seat would be nice. Any chance of some details of your PIAA fitment Bladerunner?

Nice Scotboxer

I have a Sargent on mine and find it very good.................far superior to the BMW seats

RT11.jpg

Well, young Mike (cardiff motorad) has had the RT for a fortnight and has just taken far too much money off me:

New Wilbur shocks :thumb2:thumb2:thumb2:thumb2
New Remus exhaust (sounds great)
New HID light and PIAA's
New front tyre
48k service and MOT

Damn near doubled the value of the bike :eek:

Ahh, but she's back with me and rides like a dream :clap

Heres to another 56,000 miles!!

Pictures show light pre and post HID

p.s. Mike's a bit down a best mate died 2 weeks ago on bike - RIP :rose

mine has a 50w HID, top mod, and is about to get a remus, just fitted some oxford hot hands to the rack, missus liked that mod :thumb2

The 1100/1150 glove box is way more useful then the one on the 1200, you can hardly get your hand in that one :(

Mines full of stereo, ah well, its connected to my Autocom and the missus likes listening to the radio.

preffered my last one without though, used to keep me wallet and sunglasses in it :augie

Hi Scotboxer,you didn't perchance pick your RT on the Isle of Bute,it looks a bit familiar to me!
newbike.jpg

scotboxer

Back
Top Bottom