Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Touring

Quote Originally Posted by stolzy View Post
    Well slow down a bit then.

How y'all doin' stevo?
    We're both doing well.

Will we be catching up with the infamous Squelchy en route then!!!

If so where can we expect to see you?

Quote Originally Posted by Major Gadget View Post
    One thing I did learn on this site is always carry a Wee Bottle. It has proved to be a Godsend many times in Wet weather and just “I can’t be bothered to walk to the block& if I do it outside somebody will hear me” moments.

...and when your thirsty, can end in tears too ! Similar to filling the petrol engine with diesel.........and to be honest I think I'd rather do that !!!!

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordo' View Post
    ...and when your thirsty, can end in tears too ! Similar to filling the petrol engine with diesel.........and to be honest I think I'd rather do that !!!!
    OK I'll just lay there smugly in my sleeping bag,as I listen to your footsteps heading to the Toilet Block. onyack

Quote Originally Posted by Major Gadget View Post
    One thing I did learn on this site is always carry a Wee Bottle. It has proved to be a Godsend many times in Wet weather and just “I can’t be bothered to walk to the block& if I do it outside somebody will hear me” moments.
    Ken.
    What brilliant advice. Didn't give it a thought but have now located a proper wee bottle that SWMBO bought some years ago for use in a car if you're caught short. Before someone comments, it works for both sexes.
    SWMBO has also made sure that I have some instant rations too - just in case.
    Thanks Ken.

Originally Posted by Major Gadget
    One thing I did learn on this site is always carry a Wee Bottle.
    I'm waiting for the TT partnumber and then I'll order one!

But thanks Ken some very useful advice. I'll be trying to remember to sit up straight and not slouch, this was a good reminder. Cheers Jim

I'm not like all the others Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Mid Suffolk (but born and bred in East London)
    Ah... Pee Bottle, the best thing when camping, here's my Touratech Type 1.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2001 Silver R1150GS,
    (Owned by me since new. Before Ewan got his.)

Ah... Pee Bottle, the best thing when camping, here's my Touratech Type 1.
    Attached Images
    There is nothing like a picture.... My wife now has one less of these to fill with soup for the freezer.

Come on guys, surely all this talk about urinating in a bottle is simply just taking the piss (no pun intended).

I would of thought you old boys would be keeping your colostomy bags installed for the entire road trip

On second thoughts nearly the entire trip - maybe you could empty them in France on the way back through!

07875 304772
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Come on guys, surely all this talk about urinating in a bottle is simply just taking the piss (no pun intended).

I would of thought you old boys would be keeping your colostomy bags installed for the entire road trip

On second thoughts nearly the entire trip - maybe you could empty them in France on the way back through!
    Incontinence pants are padded... dual purpose, just like the GS

I've found that a large diameter piece of tubing (note the word LARGE ) routed down the trouser leg and the outside of the boot comes in handy when travelling ! this can also be used in a tent but one should always try to remember to route it to the outside of the tent and not in to your mates sleeping bag !!

07875 304772
    Quote Originally Posted by L'Escargot View Post
    I've found that a large diameter piece of tubing (note the word LARGE ) routed down the trouser leg and the outside of the boot comes in handy when travelling ! this can also be used in a tent but one should always try to remember to route it to the outside of the tent and not in to your mates sleeping bag !!

What, like a fire hose?

another reminder

Couldn't sleep - i knew there was something i had to remind you guys about -

1. Meet for the ferry at 0730hrs on Friday.

2. Try to fill up with juice in the UK, so we are all starting with a full tank.

3. For all of you on tour, the ones with big beaks and large tanks (+Bryn) dont forget to pack that one piece of essential equipment - Davidoff Adventure

07875 304772

3. For all of you on tour, the ones with big beaks and large tanks (+Bryn) dont forget to pack that one piece of essential equipment - Davidoff Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn View Post
    I take it that means you've just run out and your local shop isn't stocking your preferred brand.(you really must learn to use it more sparingly)

Don't worry bud I'm sure Ken will have a bottle or two strapped to his bike Just make sure its not the p bottle

Don't worry bud I'm sure Ken will have a bottle or two strapped to his bike Just make sure its not the p bottle
    I have the Adventure Amazonia it's dearer and sounds more Butch

parky1774
    If you haven't got the room just stink.

most of the time no one will know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12