Integrity of motorcycle equipmentafter crash

bustergonad

Afternoon Gents

I recently got poleaxed on my 1200GSA resulting a broken foot amongst other things. luckily the Alipnestars Tech3 boots saved me from much worse. Outside of commenting on how good these boots are, what i wanted to know was how i can check the integrity of the protection on these boots following the accident. Are boots like helmets, when they have had a impact they should be replaced. I cannot see any damage apart froma bit of scuff but i want to be sure that they will offer the same fantastic protection when i get back on bike in a few weeks time.

Cheers on advance for any words or wisdom that you may have

Facksake, treat yerself to a new pair of boots:blast

They MIGHT be OK by why take the chance?- lets hope you never have to prove how good they are again.

you blokes worry too much.

:thumb2 They`re only a pair of boots, theres no impact absorbing stuff in them like helmets that need to be undamaged.

Keep them, the scuff will add character and you can regale people with the stroy of your crash when folks ask about it :D

Mate Tech 3's are damn near bullet proof, as mentioned check the stitching around where the sole joins the leather, clasps are replaceable, put em back on and ride.

Back
Top Bottom