Outtomunch's Supermoto Project MkII

Andres, please don't - DON'T - buy these!

:eek

Now there's a thought - can you imagine what it'd look like :eek: :D

I actually used to run those tyres on my CCM when racing it (all be it 'normal' black ones!) and they were fantastic tyres - basically remoulds on Pirelli carcass's and using race wet compound (but with a semi slick tread pattern).

Used to stick like the proverbial and cost me £80 pair through a 'contact' - mind you, a rear would only last 800-1000 miles :eek:

Andres

She's ready

I spent yesterday afternoon dropping the the forks in the yokes in order to sharpen up the steering and also to raise the rear (or drop the front if you prefer). I also wound up the damping and added some rear preload.

The result is a very (nicely) quick steering bike. In fact it's hilariously quick steering, it seems to turn before I even think about it. Quite a few SM's can give the feeling of the front wanting to tuck in when really pushed but despite how quick she wants to turn she never tries to do that which is nice :)

The tyres just grip, what more can I say - I've been pushing them as much as I dare but, so far, they won't misbehave.

Anyway, I took her out for her first proper run this morning, out behind Matlock, and had a ball. Everything from dual carriageway to B roads to lanes to bumpy bits to mud and she was wonderful, so much fun. The more committed you are the better she works; pussyfoot about and she's not sure what's happening and will stutter and lurch. Push her and she just says 'more please', she smooths out, the suspension tracks every little bump and she just seems to 'work' :thumb2

Off the roads and onto the sort of road SM's were made for; you take the low road and I'll take the high road

IMG_0215.jpg

I then came across a promising sign

IMG_0217.jpg

Sadly, it wasn't quite as fun as I thought it may be but it was very picturesque

IMG_0219.jpg

Then, what I'd been looking for, my very own SM track :bounce1

IMG_0226.jpg

which turned into a nice easy trail (oooooh this is fun :pullface)

IMG_0222.jpg

which then turned into a 'mmmmm I'm not sure I should be here all on my tod on 17" wheels and race wets' :eek

IMG_0231.jpg

I shouldn't have worried though, she took it all in her stride and soon I was in Matlock Bath enjoying some chips and pop.

I reckon the bike's about how I want her so next is a hill climb. My entry will be off this weekend for Hartland Quay 4th October (Devon).
I can't wait :bounce1 :bounce1 :bounce1

Andres

HMMMM

Might have to start thinking about dusting my sm wheels off to use on mine :D

Attachments

• photobetasupermotarded.jpg
    photobetasupermotarded.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 165
I spent yesterday afternoon dropping the the forks in the yokes in order to sharpen up the steering and also to raise the rear (or drop the front if you prefer). I also wound up the damping and added some rear preload.

The result is a very (nicely) quick steering bike. In fact it's hilariously quick steering, it seems to turn before I even think about it. Quite a few SM's can give the feeling of the front wanting to tuck in when really pushed but despite how quick she wants to turn she never tries to do that which is nice :)

The tyres just grip, what more can I say - I've been pushing them as much as I dare but, so far, they won't misbehave.

Anyway, I took her out for her first proper run this morning, out behind Matlock, and had a ball. Everything from dual carriageway to B roads to lanes to bumpy bits to mud and she was wonderful, so much fun. The more committed you are the better she works; pussyfoot about and she's not sure what's happening and will stutter and lurch. Push her and she just says 'more please', she smooths out, the suspension tracks every little bump and she just seems to 'work' :thumb2

Off the roads and onto the sort of road SM's were made for; you take the low road and I'll take the high road

IMG_0215.jpg

I then came across a promising sign

IMG_0217.jpg

Sadly, it wasn't quite as fun as I thought it may be but it was very picturesque

IMG_0219.jpg

Then, what I'd been looking for, my very own SM track :bounce1

IMG_0226.jpg

which turned into a nice easy trail (oooooh this is fun :pullface)

IMG_0222.jpg

which then turned into a 'mmmmm I'm not sure I should be here all on my tod on 17" wheels and race wets' :eek

IMG_0231.jpg

I shouldn't have worried though, she took it all in her stride and soon I was in Matlock Bath enjoying some chips and pop.

I reckon the bike's about how I want her so next is a hill climb. My entry will be off this weekend for Hartland Quay 4th October (Devon).
I can't wait :bounce1 :bounce1 :bounce1

Andres

Thanks for the write up,good to see the bike evolve.I am just getting into my 610 mainly off road but this has got me thinking!!

Cheers

Jay B

hi m8 nice bike and with ref to the front brake if you can get a 4 pot up front and a radial master lever the bike will stop sooo much faster too..:)

Back
Top Bottom