Tyres

newman7096 said:
I've tried the majority of tyres over the years on my GS and without a doubt the new Dunlop D607's rule!! On the road that is!

Interestingly my 1200 came with Dunlop D607F on, never used them before so nice to hear someone elses view. I would like to give my opinion of them, but it bloody pours with rain everytime I get the bike out. Not that I am bothered by rain but new tyres new bike make me a lot more cautious.

gazza said:
Interestingly my 1200 came with Dunlop D607F on, never used them before so nice to hear someone elses view. I would like to give my opinion of them, but it bloody pours with rain everytime I get the bike out. Not that I am bothered by rain but new tyres new bike make me a lot more cautious.

Their just as good in the wet! You won't be disapointed!

Wear quickly though!:beerjug:

Just got home from Micheldever Tyres with my nice new Tourances. (£169.20 R.I.R.O)

Slow cornering is much nicer than the squared off T66's that came with my bike.

Will have to finish scrubbing them over the long weekend to see what happens at higher speeds.

The fitter told me that they've had the new bridgestones on order for over a month, and can't get hold of any. They do get through a hell of a lot of Tourances though.

And still no poxy motorcycle voyager mag on the mat when I got in.

F+B Prices

Got my tyres from Steve at F&B in Sandbach yesterday. As with the previous set his care of the bike is meticulous and the cup of tea is most welcome.

His prices have now gone up to £154 per pair, but personally I still think this is a bargain.

Mike

Re: Re: Re: Dunlop's

wessie said:
From http://www.dunloptyres.co.uk/bike/
"Trailmax D607 tyres. This new tyre is an "H" rated, tubeless, road-focused product for large capacity trail bikes, bringing a new and higher level of "on road" performance to riders of these machines.

They look like a direct competitor to the Bridgestone BT020. Developed from the D208 sports radial.

I just went to this site, according to their 'fitment' guide the only 1150cc BMW Dunlop make a tyre for is the 1150R.
So I guess its Tourances (for the ninth time) tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom