Seventh 'Raost - the best yet?

pint7x

Reaction score
What a great weekend.

Thanks to the Hogmeister and doughnut king himself, Sir Steve Bakerman, ably assisted by his fantastic family including the legendary Ms. Softbaps, Chester, Archie & Fletcher.

I must admit to a few misgivings beforehand as I've been out of touch on ukgser for a while, and there's a load of people I didn't really know, and a few people I ** ahem ** didn't think would want much to do with me.

Completely unfounded - an old sparring partner came up, shook me hand, and we were nattering like a good 'un within 30 seconds. Good to see you all again.

And as Fanny said - "You're here, you're on two wheels and you're smiling - that's all that matters".

The Friday open mic bit was bloody good fun - thanks to all who made Patrick feel welcome - he loves getting up and playing his geetar in front of an audience. And contributions from The Bede, Shep, Flipfly and others were superb.

Saturday: The longer road rideout was myself on the Honda and 4 other bikes. A great ride through some country roads before a coffee stop at Bahnstormers and a blast on the A roads across the A272 - Petersfield - Midhurst - Petworth - Chichester, then the coast at Pagham - quick sit on the beach, lunch at a greasy spoon, good blast back to the campsite.

Dunno who the father/son combo were on the R1150GS and R1100S respectively, but message to the Dad - your back shock is comprehensively knackered mate - you were bouncing along like a pogo stick, your rear hugger is loose and looked like it was about to wrap round the wheel, and your back wheel was skipping when you cornered - do something very soon before you get killed. If anyone knows who they are - do pass the message on - they left before the evening entertainment on Saturday and I didn't get a chance to pass the message on.

Back on site, band warming up, some folks mixing some evil looking drinks including Peach Schnapps, Tequila, Fizzy wine and various other lethal combos. Mrs 6X arrived along with the bairns - very excited, making bike jumps behind the clubhouse, chargrilling marshmallows over the fire, riding bicycles around the site at breackneck speed.

I was in awe of Ben Jones' parents turning up and having the courage to judge the competition - after so little time has passed since their tragic loss - big respect people and you're always welcome at the 'raost.

Raost pig was served, band played a few acoustic numbers, Jeanette (Mrs Shep) serenaded with "She's a Lady" and going a delicate shade of pink, much cider and beer being consumed (and pear cider is not "gay" whatton)

Then the band start proper with some blindingly good fast blues numbers. ATT tries to commit suicide again with his paint thinners/meths/petrol/rocket fuel or whatever he was drinking. I reckon he was blowing the fire with one of the coktails they made earlier. The music, the boozing, the piss taking, the general all-round party spirit just got bigger and bigger - what a bleedin' great night. I retired, exhausted at about midnight.

Sunday's talk by Mr Vince was very funny - you're the man when it comes to non-poncey unassisted hardcore adventure touring without BBC camera team and 4x4 backup trucks.

Again - respect to the Bakerman family and thankyou so much for all your hard work that made it an absolute blinder - best one yet I reckon!

Lovely to meet you - tossers old and new, and apologies if I forgot your names.

Cheers - Phil - 6X

Sorry I missed it this year but I had other priorities at home .... but out of curiosity Phil - did you manage to get your tent up alright ?:pullface

Attachments

• 6X nr1.jpg
    6X nr1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 334
What a great weekend.

Thanks to the Hogmeister and doughnut king himself, Sir Steve Bakerman, ably assisted by his fantastic family including the legendary Ms. Softbaps, Chester, Archie & Fletcher.

I must admit to a few misgivings beforehand as I've been out of touch on ukgser for a while, and there's a load of people I didn't really know, and a few people I ** ahem ** didn't think would want much to do with me.

Completely unfounded - an old sparring partner came up, shook me hand, and we were nattering like a good 'un within 30 seconds. Good to see you all again.

And as Fanny said - "You're here, you're on two wheels and you're smiling - that's all that matters".

The Friday open mic bit was bloody good fun - thanks to all who made Patrick feel welcome - he loves getting up and playing his geetar in front of an audience. And contributions from The Bede, Shep, Flipfly and others were superb.

Saturday: The longer road rideout was myself on the Honda and 4 other bikes. A great ride through some country roads before a coffee stop at Bahnstormers and a blast on the A roads across the A272 - Petersfield - Midhurst - Petworth - Chichester, then the coast at Pagham - quick sit on the beach, lunch at a greasy spoon, good blast back to the campsite.

Dunno who the father/son combo were on the R1150GS and R1100S respectively, but message to the Dad - your back shock is comprehensively knackered mate - you were bouncing along like a pogo stick, your rear hugger is loose and looked like it was about to wrap round the wheel, and your back wheel was skipping when you cornered - do something very soon before you get killed. If anyone knows who they are - do pass the message on - they left before the evening entertainment on Saturday and I didn't get a chance to pass the message on.

Back on site, band warming up, some folks mixing some evil looking drinks including Peach Schnapps, Tequila, Fizzy wine and various other lethal combos. Mrs 6X arrived along with the bairns - very excited, making bike jumps behind the clubhouse, chargrilling marshmallows over the fire, riding bicycles around the site at breackneck speed.

I was in awe of Ben Jones' parents turning up and having the courage to judge the competition - after so little time has passed since their tragic loss - big respect people and you're always welcome at the 'raost.

Raost pig was served, band played a few acoustic numbers, Jeanette (Mrs Shep) serenaded with "She's a Lady" and going a delicate shade of pink, much cider and beer being consumed (and pear cider is not "gay" whatton)

Then the band start proper with some blindingly good fast blues numbers. ATT tries to commit suicide again with his paint thinners/meths/petrol/rocket fuel or whatever he was drinking. I reckon he was blowing the fire with one of the coktails they made earlier. The music, the boozing, the piss taking, the general all-round party spirit just got bigger and bigger - what a bleedin' great night. I retired, exhausted at about midnight.

Sunday's talk by Mr Vince was very funny - you're the man when it comes to non-poncey unassisted hardcore adventure touring without BBC camera team and 4x4 backup trucks.

Again - respect to the Bakerman family and thankyou so much for all your hard work that made it an absolute blinder - best one yet I reckon!

Lovely to meet you - tossers old and new, and apologies if I forgot your names.

Cheers - Phil - 6X

Well summed up:thumb

Nice seeing you again:thumb

Sorry I missed it this year but I had other priorities at home .... but out of curiosity Phil - did you manage to get your tent up alright ?:pullface
Dave McKelvey (from the "other" site) will confirm that the main structure was up within 60 seconds of it coming out of the bag. Once you learn how to get erect quickly, you don't forget :boobies

The banging in of the pegs and guy ropes took the best part of two hours after that because people kept coming up and nattering and I got distracted!

Dave McKelvey (from the "other" site) will confirm that the main structure was up within 60 seconds of it coming out of the bag. Once you learn how to get erect quickly, you don't forget :boobies

The banging in of the pegs and guy ropes took the best part of two hours after that because people kept coming up and nattering and I got distracted!

Congrats - that explains how you earned your 7th X :thumb2

pics!!!!!

Just one for now......I've got a fair few of att doing his stuff but I'll get them sorted and uploaded tomorrow :thumb2

582624605_eF8Z4-XL.jpg

I thought he was going to end up like Nikki Lauda but it wasn't to be......still bloody ugly:D
:hide

Back
Top Bottom