60CSx help loading track

frogger

Reaction score
I have a Garmin 60CSx and a large track (6500 points) that I want to load as a single track. I understand you can load a single track up to 10000 points as long as you upload it as the 'Active Log'.

I have tried renaming the .GPX file to 'ACTIVE LOG.gpx'
I have renamed the track (under track properties) to Active Log
I have tried using Mapsource to upload it (gets truncated to 500 points regardless of the name of the file or track)
Tried to copy it to the SD card (as a Mass Storage device which then means the GPS doesn't see it) :blagblah

No success, could anyone let me in on how it's done please? :nenau

I was always under the impression that the active log was only able to be received from the device ?

check in the track menu on the 60CSx that the track memory is empty. ? and you should be able to just load it up via mapsource ensuring the 'track' box is highlighted in the pop up upload windows, I know I've done this with a large track biggerthan 500 points but not as big as 6500.

HTH

I've just figured out how to do it and it works brilliantly!

1. Open Mapsource
  2. Open the track you have made (up to a total of 10 000 points)
  3. Right click the track and click Track Properties
  4. Give the track a name of 'ACTIVE LOG'
  5. Save track
  6. In Mapsource, click 'Send to my device'

It uploads the large track to your device and will show on your map. It won't have a name when you look ubnder tracks on the GPS as it will be the active track in the device's memory so you can then use the Trackback feature to navigate or be guided around the whole track as one track :D :D :D

Hmmm, that sounds interesting to the owner of a 2610 with it's very limited ability with regard to tracks. Can more than one big track be loaded - maybe ACTIVE LOG01, ACTIVE LOG02 etc?

The idea being to load a weeks worth of day rides, for a holiday in Pyrenees.

don't know the 2610 but in the 60cxs in the track menu theres a list of saved tracks that you can select from, but I haven't tried to upload a selection of tracks but I don't see an issue if your uploading them from Mapsource

I've just figured out how to do it and it works brilliantly!

1. Open Mapsource
  2. Open the track you have made (up to a total of 10 000 points)
  3. Right click the track and click Track Properties
  4. Give the track a name of 'ACTIVE LOG'
  5. Save track
  6. In Mapsource, click 'Send to my device'

It uploads the large track to your device and will show on your map. It won't have a name when you look ubnder tracks on the GPS as it will be the active track in the device's memory so you can then use the Trackback feature to navigate or be guided around the whole track as one track :D :D :D

Aha!!:bounce1

Back
Top Bottom