Charity Ride in aid of Air Ambulance

Lord Snooty

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am involved in organising a charity ride in aid of the local Air Ambulance and a children's charity, two very worthy causes and who knows when one of us may need the services of the Air Ambo unit.

The aim is to raise at least £1000 on the day.

Details as follows:

Date: August 2nd 2009

Meeting Point: Rubicon Centre car park, Lakeside, Redditch (will provide GPS co-ords later)

Time: 9.00am for a 10am start

Cost: £10 per bike - all proceeds go to the charity

Air Ambulance website http://www.countyairambulancetrust.co.uk/index.html

The ride will be followed by a barbecue at a local pub so you can all stock up on fodder before your ride home :D Venue TBA.

Route to be confirmed - I expect the ride to be around 4 hours in duration including a halfway stop.

The children's charity will be onsite selling teas and cold drinks and we'll also organise a snack van for bacon butties etc.

Obviously I would love to have a large contingent of tossers there and it would be great if you could respond to this thread if you intend to participate.

I'm going to be contacting the local radio and press to get some coverage and publicity.

Mods - can you make this a sticky until the event is over please :thumb

Thank you all.

Mike :D

Unless anything crops up you can count me and Stan in:thumb2

BUMP

Poor responce to this gents:(

Family commitments permitting, i'll be there.

Mike , please post details as you get them....thanks

Chairty Ride

Big Si and Chris - great stuff guys:thumb2

I can confirm that the post ride BBQ will be held at The Washford Mill public house

Linky here http://www.pub-explorer.com/worcs/pub/washfordmillredditch.htm

It is a very old pub, listed in the Domesday Book, working water wheel inside, large car park and extensive gardens.

C'mon then all you West Mids lads and lasses - lets get some more interest! :clap

Hi Mike,
I'm still wet behind the ears with biking, would you consider a novice tagging along? Not done a decent ride out yet.
If so what sort of route you doing? Its just a bit of a way from mine to Redditch! and i'd lke to see what i'm up against!!
Cheers
Pete

Another

Mike. I will be there. Had the air ambulance out the other day to a bad prang. Arrived within 15 minutes of the call. Superb!

I don't think I will be in country so won't be able to make this but would like to make a contribution. Is there a PayPal account?

Hiya, Count me in, this is my first GS ride and meet..so i will be the 'wide eyed, oh god what have i done' person....is Gomez aloud to come please....he has a Yam XJR 1300..

Does it matter that i may not be as fast as you guys, but i will plod on at the back, have sat nav and will find the washford mill (used to drink there in my biker teens in the 70s)

Morticia

More info......

I'm really pleased to see that interest is picking up for this event :bounce1 The ride is open to all makes of bike and riders of all abilities - come one, come all:D It is not a race so ride the route at a pace that you are comfortable with:thumb

The route will be no more than 100-120 miles and I will be putting together a couple of route options and we will take the one that has the better weather on the day - I'm ever the optimist. :) The route options will probably be west towards Wales or south towards the Cotswolds. I will publish the route options before the day so that participants can plot them into a GPS or make sure you have the right map on the day.

Keep the queries coming:clap

Can you put me down as tentative, TBH if the weather is crap i dont fancy the ride all the way there and getting wet before we even start. I'll still pay the tenner tho as it is for a worthy cause, i'll see if i can get others interested as well :thumb

Waypoint for the meeting point

I have attached the Mapsource waypoint for the meeting point

Attachments

• RMT Rddtch.gdb
    162 bytes · Views: 38
Full address

Buz,

Full postal address is:

40 Rubicon Centre
Broad Ground Road
Lakeside
Redditch
B98 8YP

:thumb

Hi count me in as long as im not to jet laged or worn out late fiight home on Saturday night from visiting the Mrs for a week (hope I'm worn out)

Hi

Love to take part but I'm away that week. I work for the Ambulance Trust and I'm involved with the Air Ambulance - let me know if you need any support from either and I can put their media departments in touch with you

Barry

Back
Top Bottom