Trail Ride Tues 21st

Jeeez could you guys have made that look any harder :augie:augie:augie:D

Looks like fun :thumb

Hope ya sort out ya hand soon Geoff it look sore :(:(:(

Especially Paul, you are a Dude giving up the rest of your day to get me home.

You meet some really great people in motorcycling and in particular on this site!

Saludo! ;)

P.S. busted metacarple & badly split finger, lots of bruises, dented(bike) pride!

P.P.S. I had none of this drama last week.....

No problem - hope you're on the mend soon. Lots of damage to you and the bike for such a small spill.

Paul

WHo asked you Flip you big gay bear. :ymca
No doubt you couldn`t come as you were engaged in some hot man love session.
:)

Top man Paul XC for looking after a mate

I think you predicted yer excuse Geoff in yer early posting

"It was such a long build up, I think that threw me..."

I think I got off lightly with just bent brake and gear levers and a mullared footpeg hanger. Hope there's no damage inside the engine Spout and especially compared to Geoff. Hope you make quick recovery bud.

Well, a very wet ride with a few incidents!

Seven riders turned up at the start, Vince, Paul, Geoff, Paul, Paul, Paul, Paul, Paul & Paul. One HP2, a couple of big KTMs, an Xchallange, a couple of Jap trail bikes and a trick Pegaso (trick cos I think it was won in a card game).

My idea was to ride as many of my local lanes before they’re all closed and then head into the Peaks proper.
So we set off on the Glossop road, turned off past the trout farm to BOAT No 22, a nice little short trail, with a good mix of rocky assent and a bit of mud. Bikes now dirty and riders settled in.
An extended tarmac run (due to closures) brought us to Mellor Moor and the wide track to Mellor Cross, and then the steep drop down “The Tube” to the golf course. Smiles all round at that one.
Closures meant we had to take the long way round to Brookbottom via the Roman Lakes, and I almost cried as we had to miss the recently closed lane at Strines.
Another rocky climb took us up to New Mills golf course, and then tarmac to the outskirts of Hayfield, up past the quarry and across the tops to Buxworth.
Single track roads followed taking us to Coombes.

Geoff got a little excited at leaving tarmac, and binned his Yamaha into a wall not 20yds into the trail. No tears, but blood and broken bones.
Paul kindly offered to fetch his trailer and return Geoff and his bike to somewhere where he’d get a bit more sympathy. Hope you heal quickly Geoff.

So now there were five.
We rode over the easy (Geoff!) Coombes trail and dropped down towards Taxal. The ford and following lane are now restricted, so we approached the reservoir, and following firetrack through the woods, via a slippery grassy descent.
We then headed back from the top of Long Hill on the old rutted road scattering sheep as we went. A couple of miles of the countries best bends took us to the old tarmaced road back to Whalley Bridge and then retraced our steps back over Coombes. Not that everyone noticed!

We were running late and Vinces stomach (suffering from a bad curry) demanded a stop in Chapel. Have a break have a Kitkat.

Royche Clough followed. Lots of gates and a tricky rock climb in the middle. All up without incident (apart from bent footpegs, gearlevers and brake levers) but we left our marks (gouges in the rock and a good covering of rubber).

We then set off over Chappel Gate. I was going fine and had successfully negotiated a couple of rock steps, and relaxed on an easy bit when the bike suddenly stopped, lurched to the left and threw me off. My right hand pot had hit a rock sticking out hard. My Touratech cover was badly bent and one of my cover bolts was pushed back and there was oil leaking.

Show stopper for me I’m afraid. But I got home OK (chewing gum sealed the hole but was a bugger to clean off afterwards!).

So then there were four.
And someone else will have to finish the story.

I had a belting days riding with a great bunch of riders. We must do it again. Soon.

Oddly enough, I have an trade account with Hi Level m/c parts suppliers.

I will be ordering parts...

call up what you need and I'll order them at trade. They are good for the busted pattern bits & service items too. pm me boys.

not too bad today, ibruphen & tlc helps... :augie

Great report and vids:clap. Did laugh at SkyGod getting splattered (my sense of humour!). Sorry to hear of the incidents and hope a full, quick recovery for the broken bones:comfort. Seen alot of reports about your fantastic lanes up there, looks hard work but fun.
Well done.:bow

Secondhand cover and new bolt procured. Don't think it's the right colour though :blast but should be up and running again tomorrow. :clap

So when's the next ride?

Secondhand cover and new bolt procured. Don't think it's the right colour though :blast but should be up and running again tomorrow. :clap

So when's the next ride?

you name the date and i'll book the day off:) try pick a dry day this time lol.

well paul's(the tall chap) bike dont sound sooo well and the chap on the nice (cool) ktm 950 has a few more scars:comfort.
butttt was a top day out had by all:D
And ive not washed me bike yet:blast

you name the date and i'll book the day off:) try pick a dry day this time lol.

well paul's(the tall chap) bike dont sound sooo well

I'm an Iain not a Paul but I'm defo the tall bloke with a poorly sounding bike. After an oil & filter change all is well and I'm up for another day out any time as long as I'm not on shift. If you guys suggest a date I'll let you know.

Hello Boys!

Well, most of the swelling is down. I have my wristwatch back on..

In a week I will be back on a road bike. I am looking to get the TTR fixed too.

:)

Back
Top Bottom