Wed 15th July Ride out( & Tues 21st )

kirk71

Reaction score
Hey up all,
as the title says im out for a days riding on Wednesday the 15th, im thinking either Bala Lake or Hartside pass, complete different ends i know but either look like a good day out to me.:thumb
if you fancy meeting up and coming for a blast then let me know.
if weather is bad then it will Friday the 17th.
Plan to be on the road for 9.30am with a return time of around 5pm so should be able to get a fair few miles in :p
if you have a good route elsewhere then im up for suggestions / ideas as i need to get out and discover what i have been missing all this time :rolleyes:

Yeh great, oh, er, Sorry I'll be riding around Croatia :augie :hide

Good man Stevie, don't let me down now :p
CBT ! have a blast fella, stuffy git :thumb2

Are girlies allowed out wiv ya too :hide

What sort of pace will you be doing (I don't know what sort of pace you guys do, but I do tend to keep up with the average rider, so I'm not too slow :rob )

PS - I'm on the F650GS.....................don't fancy Wales :augie but would be up for the Hartside run :thumb

Good man Stevie, don't let me down now :p
CBT ! have a blast fella, stuffy git :thumb2

I can't promise anything mate, but will know by Monday/Tuesday....

Are girlies allowed out wiv ya too

What sort of pace will you be doing (I don't know what sort of pace you guys do, but I do tend to keep up with the average rider, so I'm not too slow )

I have no problem riding with girls :green gri Although It won't be long though before someone posts...
:postpics

As for speed, personally, I like to enjoy the scenery as it goes by...although the odd blip on the noise grip is quite nice..:D:D

yeah same here, on the motorway i stay at an average 80, but im a stickler for sticking to the limit on country roads (most of the time anyway):thumb2
and DocB it will be lovely for you to come along if you fancy a bimble out, i decided agaisnt wales, either Hartside pass or Kirby Lonsdale onto windemere.

yeah same here, on the motorway i stay at an average 80, but im a stickler for sticking to the limit on country roads (most of the time anyway):thumb2
and DocB it will be lovely for you to come along if you fancy a bimble out, i decided agaisnt wales, either Hartside pass or Kirby Lonsdale onto windemere.

Excellent :clap That sounds right up my street :aidan (assuming it's not lashing it down).

Don't know where you are setting off from, and which route you'll be taking, where's best for me to to meet you - I'm in Rossendale.

Ride out

If the weather is bad on wednesday i can do friday.:thumb2

If the weather is bad on wednesday i can do friday.:thumb2
yep me too thats the plan, if it's throwing cats and jcb's down then the friday is also good.
we can meet up at a motorway service station and head up from there.
meet up around 9.30-10am :thumb2
will post more details nearer the time. just get praying for a belting day again.

i'm in warrington where are u planning on meeting? i have a caravan not to far from heartside............so i do know one or 2 very nice roads...
janie

Room for another newbie? will be coming over from Wirral so can meet up anywhere.
The Duke of Lower Heswall

Hi - any updates for this ride yet?

Is it still going ahead? and where shall we meet?

Soz for the questions - just trying to make plans for the week :aidan

weather is looking terrible for the week, i will keep an eye on the reports and update tomorrow.
wednesday is meant to be bad, as is friday but hey, when do they get it right.
if wed is still looking bad tomorrow then lets make it friday.
meeting point is probably the Welcome break Charnock Richard Services on the M6 Between Jct 27-28 say around 9.30am
all welcome, should be a good ride out if dry :thumb2

Thanks for reply Kirk.

Where are you heading after Charnock Richards - probably best for me to meet you further north. Are you thinking of heading up north on the motorway, or coming inland to pick up the A roads?

If continuing up the M6, can I meet you at Tickled Trout - Its a big Hotel / services Jn 31 on the M6 (where the A59 meets the M6), or, if you are coming inland to do the A roads, if you give me an idea where you are going I can suggest a meeting point which doesn't take you out of your way.

Just don't fancy going all way down M6 (Charnock Richards) to come all the way back up :blast

Do you have any idea of the route yet, are you sticking to the motorways? there are some good A / B roads round here.

Did a good run yesterday ending up Hartside............... Clitheroe, Trough of Bowland, Caton, Devils, Windermere, Kirkstone Pass (via the Struggle), Pooley Bridge, Hartside, Brough, Kirkby Stephen, Sedburgh, Devils...........Trough of Bowland, Clitheroe......some great roads there...............about 200 miles (Clitheroe to Clitheroe)

Hi kirk71

Hi Kirk

is there any room on your ride out wed /fri as am always up 4 a ride out live in lees oldham and could meet up any where on your route if you could let me know

Ta steve /tefflon :beerjug:

i've just ordered a rear tyre....so this would be a ideal way of runnin it in.......she say's.........lol :D:D:D

Looks like this could be a nice ride out.......lets hope the weather is OK.

Don't think the weathermen know where the rain is gonna fall at the mo. They just spot bits of rain all over the weather maps. Should have pee'd it down yesterday, yet we only saw a teenie weenie bit of rain around Windermere.........the sun even came out on the way home - it was crackin the flags :Motomartin

I'm OK for Fri too if this gets cancelled for Weds :thumb Will be nice to meet some peeps off this site.

Back
Top Bottom