Some Pics From The Boring Road Ride

POG

Reaction score
The rumour went out that Jez was giving a briefing about fainthearts

3PPU012.jpg

Very soon he was surrounded by worried riders

3PPU013.jpg

Then he went to demonstrate how big your thingy needed to be to survive the Passes. PW Quimru smiles wryly at the porkies.

3PPU022.jpg

Petcul was well up for it and had some fortifier with him

3PPU017.jpg

Lamble wasn't convinced

3PPU014.jpg

Garfield's mind was, as ever, elsewhere :blast
Aidan checks he's not forgotten his

3PPU015.jpg

Apparel was calmly donned

3PPU018.jpg

3PPU024.jpg

And when the big man gave us the nod

3PPU027.jpg

We left them deciding where they were going, which ferry to take, who was going first :blagblah :D :D

3PPU025.jpg

3PPU072.jpg

3PPU073.jpg

3PPU079.jpg

Does my bum look big in this ?

Coffee / fag break in Hawes.

3PPU080-1.jpg

3PPU083.jpg

3PPU087.jpg

The Buttertub

3PPU101.jpg

3PPU105.jpg

3PPU103.jpg

3PPU108.jpg

Last edited:
Boring indeed - lots of people in a car park followed by bikes driving on straight roads very upright..... when did it get better - show us someone getting their earlobes down :augie

By now we were all so bored we had to break the monotony with a lunch break at Tanhill Inn, the highest pub in the U.K. (with friendly and accommodating sheep)
sheepshagger.gif

3PPU163-1.jpg

Then back to the boring level roads again

3PPU170.jpg

3PPU175-1.jpg

3PPU179-1.jpg

3PPU180-1.jpg

3PPU182.jpg

3PPU188.jpg

:sleep:sleep:sleep

3PPU123.jpg

3PPU235-1.jpg

3PPU242-1.jpg

3PPU244-1.jpg

Rob "the 70's plod" Farmer trying hard to avoid the limelight :D

3PPU243.jpg

Poseurs the lot of them :aidan

3PPU277.jpg

3PPU294.jpg

3PPU208.jpg

As boring as it was, it was a fine day out with great company :thumb

yes pogmiester a more boring than all of us could of wished for :tears:tears
i think i have found some of the causes of the problem-
no motorways,no industrial estates,no speeding,no traffic,no people, no built up areas,no housing estates,etc etc
and far too much- nice scenery,nice roads,empty roads,cracking weather,totally relaxed riding,friendly wildlife [for garfud].baa:eek
and the most boring bit only 7 bikes and 11 complete tossers.
i trust you find yourself suitably ashamed at organizing and leading the ride out.:augie :rob

yes pogmiester a more boring than all of us could of wished for :tears:tears
i think i have found some of the causes of the problem-
no motorways,no industrial estates,no speeding,no traffic,no people, no built up areas,no housing estates,etc etc
and far too much- nice scenery,nice roads,empty roads,cracking weather,totally relaxed riding,friendly wildlife [for garfud].baa:eek
and the most boring bit only 7 bikes and 11 complete tossers.
i trust you find yourself suitably ashamed at organizing and leading the ride out.:augie :rob

i forgot -
too many oirish :pullface

Great weekend, Great ride out and great company! We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. :roll

i forgot -
too many oirish :pullface

Cheeky fcuker!!!:aidan

Cracking pics Kate! Well done!:clap:clap:clap

Looks to be a great ride out, but did anyone record the route on a Garmin / Mapsource compatible device by any chance ( maybe with the thought of a return trip in the future?)

Pog has very kindly mailed a step by step route, from which i have tried to plot using Mapsource!! trouble is.... i can't find the lanes on my Mapsource??

Any help greatly appreciated .... i'm stopping at the very same site next weekend..

Thanks in advance ....

Digga

Looks to be a great ride out, but did anyone record the route on a Garmin / Mapsource compatible device by any chance ( maybe with the thought of a return trip in the future?)

Pog has very kindly mailed a step by step route, from which i have tried to plot using Mapsource!! trouble is.... i can't find the lanes on my Mapsource??

Any help greatly appreciated .... i'm stopping at the very same site next weekend..

Thanks in advance ....

Digga

The lanes (unclassified roads) are on Google Maps and also most road atlases... Perhaps try plotting the route step by step on there first :nenau

Or you could just cross the road from the campsite... and all the roads are good :thumb

Back
Top Bottom