Big Hemet Help

Big Andy

I currently have a shoei TRX size 62, no longer made, I have tried to buy a new helmet but with no luck, anyone know of any makes that are bigger than average, I have tried sizes upto 64.

Thanks

Andy

I've got a Brucie chin, a nose like Gerard Depardieu, and a head like a potato. Try a Arai Tour x. Mine is a xl and fits like a glove. I always bought SHOEI lid and took a 62.

:)

More so than your typical Japanese and Manchurian candidates...

...Koreans generally have greater circumferential cephalic indices: :-

0195.jpg

Boundless proposes you try poking your head into
H.J.C. helmets which go all the way up to XXXL. ( equates to a 65-66):-

symax_silver.jpg

Call Justin Tomas in Oxford who imports HJC- - - 01865-852 000

Keith Chapman said:
Moores of Hemel Hempstead were advertising a huge helmet sale on last week:D

Drove by today, says "Masive Reductions" so that's not much use now.:mad:

another big head!

Hi Andy,

I suffer from the same problem. One year, I tried every make at the NEC show, and only found 3 lids that would fit (Shoei, Arai and HJC - far too tight to buy Arai/Shoei, but the HJC was ok)

I currently use Caberg Just One (flip front). They're a good fit for me, and at a hundred quid, I can afford to change it each year when it gets smelly and scratched.

Head shape is the key issue though. My head seems to be very long, so trying most full face lids means the chin-bar doesn't get past my nose. The flip front Caberg gets around this, and gives me a much better fit.

I liked the first HJC lid I had, but the second (more expensive ) model was crap - not comfortable and the vents were rubbish.

Hope this helps.

Steve.

Andy

I had exactly that trouble trying to replace the same Shoei helmet model. I toured the show at Ally Pally last year looking for a replacement and eventually turned up the Shuberth Concept at Infinity Motorcycles' stand. They had a 64/65 that worked for me.

That said, I have a long head rather than a round head (better aerodynamics when I'm running away but cornering is more difficult) so your mileage may vary. I had to go over the inside of the Shoei where my forehead rubbed with the back of a spoon to compress it a bit but the flip down visor in the Schuberth stops me doing that. After a reasonable run over 60mph in the Schuberth I can end up with a nice red mark on my forehead.

Airflow is good but that equates to bloody noisy - get 200 E.A.R.Soft FX plugs from http://earplugs.gb.com at the same time.

Had the same problem with my last helmet. After a long and exhausting search I ended up with a Shoei XR900 which fits fine and is nice and light. And they're still available.

Tried to find a flip-front job at the NEC show last year but decided to hang on to my ears, chin and nose instead. Very disappointed in the response from the traders. Most seemed to think I was just being awkward because I wouldn't buy a helmet that didn't fit me. I'll stick to shops in the future - never found any real bargains at the shows anyway.

Helmets are definitely not a piece of kit to source via the internet or mail order. :teacher I've even found variations in fit between different examples of the same model so try loads on.

BTW had a look at the BMW carbon fibre helmet a few weeks ago. Talk about light headed - I've got heavier baseball caps!

Andy,
If it's any help I have an AGV brand spanking new and unworn in anger it was bought for me by a well meaning wife but is huge.
You can have it for £40 if you like. I wear a 62 normally but this is too big for me.
Call me if you want it 07967 987712
Phil

Back
Top Bottom