I'm now officially skint!

Septimus

Reaction score
....and this is the beautiful reason why:D
My new Street Glide. I am a happy redneck :JB

SDC10195rs.jpg

Nice bike. :thumb2

I really like the cut down look of that.

The lowered 'street bagger' look has been creeping into the custom scene lately and I really like the style.

Congrats mate. :beerjug:

welcome to the streetglide fold, best choice but i am biased. that is just the start. mine looked like that......a long time ago. enjoy.

Bugger!

Just getting over having to hand back my Dyna Glide coz of the short time working I've been on for months :(:(

You enjoy it mate! Lovely bit o'work!:thumb2

Maybe when this reception is over I can make a few more quid and get back on a Hardly again.

Fairings on a Harley are OK if they work .....otherwise it just looks like a tourer. I prefer the "stripped down" look.

Attachments

• FXDB in evening sun 001 recropped.jpg
    FXDB in evening sun 001 recropped.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 326
That's gorgeous and I'm jealous! The Street Glide's a smashing bike - very smart.

Let me guess - new pipes and Stage 1 next :D

Enjoy it! :thumb

Thank you kindly for your comments.

I didn't think that I would ever get another Harley (last one was a Sportster back in the mid-70s), but I went for a test ride, just to spend an hour or two riding a different kind of bike, and I couldn't believe how well the Street Glide suited me....and I love the way that it looks too.:cool:

I'm as chuffed as a chuffing chuffer :D

Cheers
Russ

PS Pipes and stage 1 deffo on the cards. I'll have to save some more pennies first tho' :)

Last edited:
How's it gonna look when you take it down the trails chap?! :D

Sweet lookin ride :thumb2

How are you getting on with it?

Hi Rob
I'm still loving the new bike thanks:D

It's like HD thought "let's build a bike for Septimus" and then made the Street Glide!
The seating position is really comfortable (and ideal for my creaky knees) and, for such a heavy bike, it is really easy to manouvre at low speed.
The torque makes for a pretty relaxed ride and the vibrations are different, but no worse than other twins I've ridden.
Weather protection ain't great after a GSA and an RT, but loads better than the GSX1400 I had before the beemers.
The Street Glide just ticks pretty much all the boxes for me:thumb2

I wonder if HD really did make this bike with an overweight, middle aged, Geordie in mind.....no probably not:D

Back
Top Bottom