A few pics from the Western Isles.

Gordon ... thank you :thumb

Bit by bit my missis and me were doing the Highlands and Islands of Western Scotland in the camper van. Did most of them, was planning to do the Western Isles, then she took ill and died :(

That was a few years ago....

Thanks to your thread I now need to visit ;)

:beerjug:

Really whetted my appetite - I'll be on South Uist for a week mid-August. Not on the bike, but chasing seatrout on the Estate lochs and definitely looking forward to it now :thumb2

Gordon, myself and MasterBaker had been talking about doing a similar trip in the not too distant future. You have given me the bug..... just need to get permission from the war office and I think I will be booking a wee island Rover ticket. :thumb

Thanks G.C. spot on:thumb2
Was up in Ullapool for a couple of days with the missus and got some timetables and info from the ferry office. Might start this wee planned tour from there - ferry to Stornaway and just about follow your island hopping route but maybe end up back in Oban:beerjug:

I'm glad you posted this one Gordon.
Wifey just granted permission for me to get an Island Rover ticket and head off for 8 days island hopping.... :thumb

Just changed up to a 1200 GSA..... am finishing off kitting her out with some new bling.... so 10th of August and I hope to be doing a bit of exploring. As many islands in 8 days as I can.... gonna bring my tent, so I can get a wee bit of practice for my Calums Rd trip next year.

Top Foties G.C, I think we all seem to forget the beautiful scenery we have on our own door step, if you can put up with the killer midgies, especialy the one in Fort William.

Last edited:
Ill dig out the B&B addresses when I get home later.

These were the other 2 B&B`s we stayed in.
Highly reccomend both of them. :thumb2

Doreen MacNeil
Hillside Bed & Breakfast
25 Glen
Castlebay
Barra
HS9 5UQ
tel: 01871 810293

Hestimul
Liniclate
Isle of Benbecula
HS7 5PJ
Tel: 01870 602033

Shuck, good luck with the sea trout, enjoyed a good run this year here in the Lochy system.
Micky :thumb2
B.S. you`ll have a ball. Wild camping should be fine out there. The only problem I could foresee is the lack of tree cover.
Dougster, didnt see any of the wee buggers out there, plenty here though, but you probably know that after camping out a couple of weeks ago.

Great post G.C. very imaginative shots and looks like a great trip:thumb

:beerjug:

Great report G.C. Lovely pics too. Seems like ages since I did my trip after GotC from Ullapool. Definitely have to go back as I missed out Barra on that run.

Thanks for the report
TP

Great Report and Pics. Planning a wee trot to Islay and Jura in the next few weeks can't wait! :D

The pic on the left shows mainly the isle of Cumbrae which has the town Millport on it (isle is also known as Great Cumbrae, with little Cumbrae which is the smaller isle) . With Bute off to the right, and it is Bute on the right photo.

Can't beat a cycle round the isle of cumbrae in the glorious sunshine!

The pic on the left shows mainly the isle of Cumbrae which has the town Millport on it (isle is also known as Great Cumbrae, with little Cumbrae which is the smaller isle) . With Bute off to the right, and it is Bute on the right photo.

Can't beat a cycle round the isle of cumbrae in the glorious sunshine!

Thanks for that .

Back
Top Bottom