Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Off-Road @ Tipperary

Nice but unfortunate husband.
    It's usually about 9-30 or 10am John, but I'm sure it will be confirmed over the next couple of days.
    There are two opinions of the GS. There are those who have ridden one who think its fantastic and there are those who haven't who know its crap.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by *John* View Post
    What time will the off road run kick off on Saturday?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
    The run will start relatively early to avoid bumping into walkers.
    I think 09.00 is the planned time but someone should be along soon to confirm. Watch this space
    Just 'cos you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you !

Remember, experience only means that you screw-up less often.

Quote Originally Posted by Padge View Post
    I agree.. I was on failry worn Tourance EXP's and found it fairly easy going. The wet grass early on was slippy but not too tricky. The rest was very enjoyable. I only heard one person's thoughts that it was a bit tough and he was the only person I remember falling.
    The wet grass/muck was all brown trouser time for me.. i really hated it.
    The rest was fine for me I really enjoyed it... I remember a few people chickened out and headed back at one of the stops before the end.. Wizard and a few others IIRC.
    I'd still say it would have been tight enough going for first timers.
    Had it have been dry the day or two before the long grass/mucky section would have been nothing like as butt clenching for me.

It's hard to strike a balance for the guys who are serious about their offroad and on smaller or more suited bikes with offroad tyres and others who are pretty much novices on GS's with road tyres.. I think last years was about as fair to both as you could have made it under the conditions... but it wasn't a walk in the park.. well not for me anyway

My only proper complaint was in the second half of last years was the real feck up of the drop off system and people getting lost... oh and not getting back to the campsite in time to get myself sorted for the evenings events... I'm sure Dave will have that sorted this year

I'm on road tyres this year so i might do it but it all depends on the weather.
    last year a few picks
    i dropped the bike trying the last Hill... too knackered to try again

Click for bigger pic

trails in tipp

Daithi
    I'd like to join you - probably Saturday morning. Just tell me where to be!

David

Daithi,
    Count me in.
    Ye'll have to go easy on the novice, though.

Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by Jockser View Post
    I think 09.00 is the planned time but someone should be along soon to confirm. Watch this space
    Yip, thanks Jockser, 9:00 Saturday morning in front of the Hotel, we really do have to get off early to avoid the walkers and to get a bit of distance under our belts.
    If ye have a camera please bring it with ya....makes all the difference later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Two wheels good View Post
    Daithi
    I'd like to join you - probably Saturday morning. Just tell me where to be!

David
    Hi David, finally getting out with us, yer not going to turn up on the DR are ya !
    Only kidding, see ya there.

Quote Originally Posted by In For Lunch View Post
    Daithi,
    Count me in.
    Ye'll have to go easy on the novice, though.

Jim.
    Novice my arse, you've more experience of some aspects of Off Road than I do.

I'll be there on the Friday pitchin my Tent, should have it sorted by Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
    I'll be there on the Friday pitchin my Tent, should have it sorted by Saturday & packed up again by midweek

Newbies on the way

Thanks for that, see ye all at 9.00 if not Friday night

Yeah, I've extensive experience of bog-holes. Hardly counts for this run. Don't fancy pulling a GS out of a bog.

is that man with the dakkar yellow 1100 making an appearance
    A man has reached middle age when his doctor tells him to slow down instead of the police - Henny Youngman
    www.hegartys.ie

Quote Originally Posted by The Foolish Fellow View Post
    is that man with the dakkar yellow 1100 making an appearance
    Gawd knows. Has anyone seen him since last year ? Or is he still on top of that mountain ??
    PS: That looks like Padge about to sit on Jose's head

Just need to persuade 'her' to stay at the pub all day
    KEA

Tipp off road

it looks like i will load up the mule gs and head for the Glen on Friday night and go off roading with ye

All the best

gunner
    Some pics here

http://picasaweb.google.com/Gunner1949

http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb311/philgun/

Irish Grid W77811 87158 -N 52"02.201 - W 008"19.448

mcivor
    Howdy all, the final recci for the trail run will be done thursday and at present we are expecting things to be a smidgen damp, those grassy trails that some of you mentioned have had a lot of walking and biking on through the year and now offer more grip, lots of overhanging branches have been removed by the walking club (bless em), the run consists of mostly gravel trails,several shallow ford's, boheren's and a little road work to tie the bit's together, we will cover approx 70km so GSA's need not carry 30 litres of fuel, the special test is fun and optional and the prize's are megga, it is expected to take 3 -3.5 hours and this should bring us nicely to our lunch stop at another lovely location, safe journey and will see ye all at 9AM Saturday, MCIVOR

This run is aimed at big "GS sized Trailies" and riders are encouraged to not arrive on bikes smaller than 800cc. If however that's what yer on you'll obviously be availavle to assist in pushing/pulling the bigger bikes up any rocky hills or over any slippy humps.

<800cc

Is it too late to tag on to this? Not able to do the whole weekend but I'll be in the area.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast