Jordan / Syria / Iran trip

Dear Rugged and Nobby,

Thank you both for adding info to my post;

Rugged: Do you have an email address for George please? I tried PM'ing you, but you don't accept them. Would you please PM me?

For info, my trip is now also going to be for an HIV childrens orphanage in Nairobi, so any support that comes my way would be greatly appreciated.

Nobby: Thanks for the key2persia info. I live in Dubai, so I'm not sure if they can help, but I'll send an email. Sorry to hear about your upset. I hope you guys get home OK

Kind regards & good luck

Colin

Hi Col,

All the paperwork was done in the UAE, regsitration of the bikes etc. We got basic bike insurance from a guy in Germany for about 30 pounds a month I think. I'm not sure we would have collected much in the event of a smash but it was more to have the paperwork to get other papers.

We shipped the bikes to Amman, friends in the UAE got the bikes onto a truck though they were damaged (lightly) in transit and the guy didn't seem overly concerned. He said we owed him some import duties he'd paid totalling a hunderd pounds, which you won't be surprised he didn't get from us.

If you want you can email me on andy@campaignbrief.com and I will give you contact info for my two friends in the UAE who did the trip with me. One is a Kiwi, the other a Brit, and they are on summer hols at the moment and I think they get back to the UAE in about two weeks. They will know the bloke with the truck to avoid.

Cheers, Andy

Back
Top Bottom