Hein Gericke Rack Bag

Deleted account 210609001

Reaction score
Called in to Hein Gericke today with a friend who wanted some gloves. I noticed little bags, called Tuareg Adventure, which fits nicely on a standard GS rack. Two straps secure it to the bike, and you can pass these through the little slits in the grab rail. Or you can cross the straps round the grabrail. Doesn't seem to be any danger of it falling off.

The bag is only small, big enough for cigarettes, phone, wallet and a disc lock perhaps, but marked price was £15.99. In fact, when the guy ran it through the till, it only cost £7.99, so even more of a bargain.

Much cheaper than Touratech stuff I've seen (admittedly smaller, though).

Robin.

They're actually sold as bar bags, but I suppose you can strap them anywhere. I can get camera, fags, phone and house keys in it. Good piece of kit for the money.

Attachments

• bar bag.jpg
    bar bag.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 380
And you karn't spel......ennywon nows that you spel car with a K.
At leest you got Byk ryte tho.

:D

OK..

OK, OK, so it might fit on the bars as well... but I'm going to be different.

I've been called a lot of things, but "twee"???? Is there anything more twee than actually using the word itself?

Sorry about the spelling. In excusable.

Robin.

bag

After much experimenting,(including the cross straps method),mounted mine as follows;
Take each strap end down,around the rack bar(the one going from back to front of the bike),back up to meet the buckle at the top /front of the grab rail.
Cable tie the ends directly below the buckle and near the strap end ,slide the trimmed tie around through 180 degrees to hide it.
Forget putting the straps through the grab rail slits.The foregoing methods doesn't cause twisting or strain on straps/stitching and looks really neat.
Mine's secured since last year ,never slipped and ideal for disc lock etc whilst riding.Handle bar mounting on my 1100 causes cables to foul and doesnt look so good.

Back
Top Bottom