Akito desert - jacket and breeks

Montrose Sun

Reaction score
Any good?

I see they are very reasonable priced and i know of one guy who swears by them but id like a few more opinions please.

I ride every day and cover 25-30k a year in all weathers - instructor.

Thanks, dave:)

hi im curious what your using at the moment with that kinda mileage?

Up untill a week ago, a £60 lidl jacket. Brilliant in every way. :) And now a Hein Gericke part leather, part textile affair but its failry summery albeit its fully waterproof.

Any good?

I see they are very reasonable priced and i know of one guy who swears by them but id like a few more opinions please.

I ride every day and cover 25-30k a year in all weathers - instructor.

Thanks, dave:)

the Akito desert's are OK and cheap i have a pair of the trousers... they feel very thin compared to my Hein Gericke ones... zip broke on legs on mine first week:(
I like the look of them but i'd not be as happy going down the road in them as my old HG ones

i'd say at 25-30,000 miles you should be investing in a good suit like a Aerostich or Olympia or Rukka... maybe even Hein Gericke... something that will last you

my desert trousers have been totaly waterproof, had em over a year now, the knee protectors were hard tho, i changed em

Used mine for a year now. Looks a bit tired & dirty even after washing but still fantastic at either keeping me cool- with the arm vents etc- or warm and so far dry. We don't get really heavy rain here though so maybe that is a bit subjective, but from South Africa all the way up to Kenya, in temps from 38+ down to around 6 deg I was delighted with the suit.
All zips/ velcro/ fasteners still intact and working well.:thumb

Sean

okay
well
they are waterproof with the waterproof liner in...but the waterproof liner does not feel good next to bare arms!
in cold weather I wear the inner thermals and waterproof liners zipped togetehr as a sort of separate inner to the jacket as it feel bulky when putting on with all 3 zipped together
for the price they are pretty good value, even if they only last you a year, think of the saving over some of the other over priced stuff you could end up with if you think price must mean long lasting quality
vents work well, armour ok...hope this helps!

I bought one of these earlier this year, used it for a weeks camping holiday in

France in late June..

weather was extremely warm...:thumb

With the linings out and vents open suit was very comfortable..:comfort

Worn in isolation its great, but i have a Scott suit also and the zips and

fasteners and even the velcro just seem to be of a better quality, but then

the Akito was considerably cheaper.....:blast

All in all I've no complaints and for the price would recommend it:thumb

hope this helps....:beerjug:

The Akito Desert jacket is very cheap to buy and the old maxim "you get what you pay for " applies here......The main zip broke on mine after the second time I wore it and both the retailer (Ghostbikes in Preston) and the main supplier (in Cumbria) refused to repair it under warranty because I had lost the receipt.........admittedly it was my own fault for losing the receipt but the jacket was obviously unworn and their only excuse was "You might have bought it abroad!.." .......So if you only want a jacket to last you 2 trips then buy this one; if you expect a jacket to last longer than 2 trips then spend the extra and buy a proper jacket from a quality company............spending more on good quality clothing is far cheaper in the long run..........My experience with an Akito Desert jacket has not been a happy one.......and I gave it a 1 star rating only because I was unable to give it a zero......

Back
Top Bottom