Clock Is Noo Tickin'

• Thread starter Deleted account rno
  • Start date
There's routes to be planned? :eek :eek
I was just going to head north and it'll be signposted from there won't it?

Yeah me too :eek

Since when (serious Q) do you have to book ferries on a bike :confused:

What about the bridge :nenau

Feck me, this sounds more complicated than getting to The Gambia :D

Andres

Andres

You don't have to use a ferry to get to Skye, but you can, if you come via Mallaig. Otherwise you can use the bridge but the overall distance is longer if you're coming across the bridge from the south - haven't worked out how much of a difference there is though.

Dunno about having to book a bike onto a ferry though, I did 4 ferry crossings last Saturday without prebooking but they were all short crossings...

Andres

I'd imagine that if there's no spaces, there's no spaces irrespective of whether or not you're on two wheels. It's a long way to go to Mallaig to find that the next available space on a ferry over to Skye is 4 days away, which is how busy they were last weekend (so I was told).

Anyway, I like to be organised :p

To be honest guys at this time ow year ah would'ny bother way the Mallaig ferry.
Theres a difference ow aboot 20 miles from goin the Skye Bridge,but the down time waiting aboot does yerfukin nut in.
The ferries are really busy and it can take fekin oors it times, it's no worth the grief:rob

To be honest guys at this time ow year ah would'ny bother way the Mallaig ferry.
Theres a difference ow aboot 20 miles from goin the Skye Bridge,but the down time waiting aboot does yerfukin nut in.
The ferries are really busy and it can take fekin oors it times, it's no worth the grief:rob

Cheers for that, Rab :beerjug:

I booked it yesterday :blast :tears

Digs booked in Inverary for the way up and a sofa booked in Shropshire for the way back, but thats it, not doing the Mallaig ferry this year by the time you've waited around for it you may as well ride on to the little ferry which is far more romantic and has a nicer road either side:thumb2

No jim jams for me, buck naked is the only way for me:thumb2

Where is this bunkhouse then?

Having just been on the new road to mallaig it is lovely but you will miss one of the best roads the road tax will allow
from
Invergarry to the Kyle of Lochalsh road A87

Mmmmm

I couldn't even consider the ferry..... apparently the A87 (The main road to the Skye bridge) is the most scenic road in Britain..... for me it's the best biking road in the country......
Anybody who hasn't tried it, needs to!

Back
Top Bottom