iPod Synching

Disaster Area

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,
I recently bought a new laptop and downloaded iTunes. The problem I'm have is that I don't know how to upload the contents of my iPod onto iTunes without having to burn all the CD's again.

Has anyone got idiot proof instructions?

Thanks,
DA

If you bought all the music off iTunes it should just upload ....... but if you were a naughty boy and P2P'd them ........ start burning!

If you still have your old computer with iTunes on it, there are ways to copy the whole music store from one machine to another.

If you are relying on just the contents of your iPod then I believe there are software products that can pull the music back - but the products are from 3rd party vendors, not from Apple.

If you bought all the music off iTunes it should just upload ....... but if you were a naughty boy and P2P'd them ........ start burning!

No Itunes only downloads from PC to ipod, it has no functionality to upload from the pod.

you need to copy the music from you old pc to you new. look here Transferring your iTunes Library from iLounge

There are utilities to recover the music from the ipod if you have problems. again check out Ilounge

If you are facied with ripping all your CD's again, rip them to media player as WMA files first. Then you can import the whole lot into itunes and keep the wma files as a backup.

Apple were extremley unhelpful to me when my laptop got destroyed and said it cant be done :(

Do a search for some software called bootstrap thats how I sorted mine :thumb2

I had the same problem, and was recommended "music rescue", by a fellow tosser, its a free piece software from here..........http://www.kennettnet.co.uk/products/musicrescue/........
it really is soooooo easy to use and worked a treat.
If I remember it asked during downloading (which only takes about 30sec) for a contribution but you just ignore it and carry on.
I would recommend it owing to its ease of use.............:thumb

it's about this point that i usually pop up and remind people of the need to back up their music library onto a separate disc, which avoids this, and worse, problems :thumb2

Thanks

Thanks for the replies, I shall just have to re-load all the stuff. I was trying to find a quicker way than deleting stuff and then starting again.

I'm just glad that I don't have an 80GB iPod!

As for the peer to peer: that would breach copyright and AFAIK I've never done that!

Cheers,
DA

had the same problem a few weeks back. Downloaded and registered Mediawidget and it copied all the contents of my iPod straight into my new iTunes on my new laptop - worked a treat. very simple..

Thanks for the replies, I shall just have to re-load all the stuff. I was trying to find a quicker way than deleting stuff and then starting again.

I'm just glad that I don't have an 80GB iPod!

As for the peer to peer: that would breach copyright and AFAIK I've never done that!

Cheers,
DA

Don`t understand why you have to re-load all your music........:nenau
As I said Music Rescue is a FREE & easy download and retrieves all you I-pod music back into your I-tunes...it could`nt be simpler.
At least try it before spending hours and hours re-loading all your tunes............:thumb

Dave56

You're a legend.

Music rescue did the trick in about five minutes.

I owe you a pint sometime!
:beerjug:

DA

Still not quite right ...

I used Music Rescue to transfer the contents of my I pod to the new lap top. Thanks for the tip.

However, when I synch the Ipod now, any new items on the laptop itunes do not transfer to the Ipod.

Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom