Museum Visit

Dee Tee

Mega Tosser
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This replaces the Post by Mr K with his agreement.

I would like to offer a Museum Visit for Tossers attending the Ripley Weekend. I checked out the Donington Park Collection Today and there are 5 Halls with Exhibits Featuring Cars AND Bikes as well as Memorabilia. Punters that i asked reckoned that there is enough to hold interest for 2 to 4 Hours depending on how much of an Enthusiast that you are.
Admission £7.00 (1 to 14) , £6.00 ( 15 to 24 ) and £5.00 (25 +)

In addition,only 1 Hour ish down the Road is the National Motorcycle Museum near the NEC. This holds a Collection of British Bikes.
Admission £6.95 with reductions for Parties of more than 10.

Doing 1 Museum, 10.30 start, we could take a Leisurely Ride ,have an extended mooch round and a steady ride back .

Doing 2 Museums,10.00 start,Sensibly Swift ride to Donington, 2.5 Hour Tour then head for the NMM for another 2.5 Hours before heading back.

There is a Cafe at both venues so a Snack and a Brew can be taken.

Timings can be tidied up if need be

Is there any interest ?

I'd be up for option 1, I think trying to do both in a day might be a bit rushed :thumb

Looking Good for me as well.
Just one thing, you must make sure I leave the museum at end of visit, silly feckers think an exhibit is escaping :rob
Neanderthal Biker :)

Looking Good for me as well.
Just one thing, you must make sure I leave the museum at end of visit, silly feckers think an exhibit is escaping :rob
Neanderthal Biker :)

Aah I get it.....'A night at the museum" :D

If I attend, which is looking likely, can I have option 1 please.

Ta

Just to clarify the situation regarding the Museum Trip,i am looking at taking Option 1. Leisurely ride to visit 1 Museum,a good mooch round,and then return to Ripley. I'll make the final call closer to the event dependent on weather and Numbers on the Trip. :thumb2

Might be a daft question, but do they have lockers or a cloakroom where one may leave hemblets and cumbersome bike-wear?

... or should I bring me cable lock thingy and lash it all to the bike?

:hide

Might be a daft question, but do they have lockers or a cloakroom where one may leave hemblets and cumbersome bike-wear?

Strangely enough,that is NOT a Daft question. It is one that i don't have an answer to,though. I will make enquiries :D .

This replaces the Post by Mr K with his agreement.

I would like to offer a Museum Visit for Tossers attending the Ripley Weekend. I checked out the Donington Park Collection Today and there are 5 Halls with Exhibits Featuring Cars AND Bikes as well as Memorabilia. Punters that i asked reckoned that there is enough to hold interest for 2 to 4 Hours depending on how much of an Enthusiast that you are.
Admission £7.00 (1 to 14) , £6.00 ( 15 to 24 ) and £5.00 (25 +)

In addition,only 1 Hour ish down the Road is the National Motorcycle Museum near the NEC. This holds a Collection of British Bikes.
Admission £6.95 with reductions for Parties of more than 10.

Doing 1 Museum, 10.30 start, we could take a Leisurely Ride ,have an extended mooch round and a steady ride back .

Doing 2 Museums,10.00 start,Sensibly Swift ride to Donington, 2.5 Hour Tour then head for the NMM for another 2.5 Hours before heading back.

There is a Cafe at both venues so a Snack and a Brew can be taken.

Timings can be tidied up if need be

Is there any interest ?

Do they do electric wheelchairs for Proff :D (and myself :confused: ) 2.5 hrs of shuffling, stopping, starting will surely knacker me.:tears

Just rang them... "Unfortunately no locker room sir"

Do they do electric wheelchairs for Proff :D (and myself :confused: ) 2.5 hrs of shuffling, stopping, starting will surely knacker me.:tears

"Unfortunately not sir"
:thumb

Back
Top Bottom