Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Heavy Metal around Mongolia and Central Asia

The following morning after grovelling apologies from us all, Sybil on the right forgives us and sees us on our way with her lovely assistant.

Right, let's go and do what we came here for!
    KEA

'Don't mess with me' Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timolgra View Post
    ...Sybil on the right .....

Have you got her e-mail address?

Greg
    Thomas! There's a mouse duck in the house!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Masters View Post
    Have you got her e-mail address?

Greg
    Goes without saying
    KEA

Great report!

We have returned from our trip to Baikal with my wife and I enclose herebelow some shots of the motels we stayed along the same root. That is a motel near Kazan, a motel called "Khutorok" 150 km prior to Novosibirsk, a motel near Achinsk(met two German bikers there), a typical room in a cheap hotel/motel( town of Nizhneudinsk), a hotel on shore of Baikal near Irkutsk.

Though the wooden bridge on the "Federal Highway M53 Baikal" is impressive
    keep going
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Quote Originally Posted by easyman05 View Post
    Great report!

We have returned from our trip to Baikal with my wife and I enclose herebelow some shots of the motels we stayed along the same root. That is a motel near Kazan, a motel called "Khutorok" 150 km prior to Novosibirsk, a motel near Achinsk(met two German bikers there), a typical room in a cheap hotel/motel( town of Nizhneudinsk), a hotel on shore of Baikal near Irkutsk.

Though the wooden bridge on the "Federal Highway M53 Baikal" is impressive
    keep going
    Your wife looks familiar

(just kidding, I'm still unsure of Russian humour...if it exists
    KEA

IT and hi tech plays little part in my life since I'm too thick to understand it, so here's a rough idea of the route I had in mind
    KEA

Your wife looks familiar

(just kidding, I'm still unsure of Russian humour...if it exists
    We've been to London (and California Superbike School ) several times - so she knows where the biggest gay community in Europe is

Quote Originally Posted by easyman05 View Post
    We've been to London (and California Superbike School ) several times - so she knows where the biggest gay community in Europe is
    Touche, excellent
    KEA

Touche, excellent
    my pleasure

can't wait the next installment...
    dream about Issyk-Kool' lake and Pamir highway..

1100 Rider Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Keep it coming, it looks to have been a fantastic trip

Stewart
    Old Stew
    Canbus fluid degausser hire PM me .
    You cant "Dust" for vomit

We're headed SW for the the Gobi, to Dalandzadgad via Mandalgovi.

Dennis the Ozz is with us now

Mongolia is a vast empty country...perfect

Get on one of the more well used tracks and the corrugations will shake your fillings out, ride slowly and you'll destroy the bike, ride fast and it'll destroy the bike more slowly.
    It's a no win situation.

So ride where you want.
    KEA

The feeling of riding in a landscape such as this, with sky to match is indescribable.

No tarmac anywhere, no kids holding their hands out begging for stuff, no police, no irate farmers.

Nothing, yet everything.

It's difficult to know whether to laugh, cry or just be.....whatever you do, it'll be ok.

Yeah, don't worry I know where we're going

Dennis and Baz join me.

Baz pauses for a snack.

Then discovers his rear Wilbers shock has blown
    KEA

Baz's rear shock was removed and some preload wound on manually, the bolt was tight going back in, perhaps it was bent it would be the cause of a big problem later.

Rick's Landy also needed a minor bit of attention. The bottom nut had pulled through the washer on his shock, this also happened earlier in Russia.
    The kids were just great, so enthusiastic and friendly

This is a very remote town, one or two streets do have short stretches tarmac but that's it for perhaps 300 miles.

Throughout this trip I noticed the attitude of adults and in particular children changed the nearer to a road you were, on a main road it became worse and in towns children can be little gits the world over.
    Access to American TV culture is spreading like wildfire and there seems to be no way of stopping it, let alone reversing the trend.
    (Let's see how that comment goes down on ADVrider

Mongolia was the exception where they were all great.

These children were intrigued with my 'Camelback' water pipe, getting them to look up and squirting them with it caused shrieks of laughter
    KEA

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Excellent report and pictures. I'm hooked.
    What we need are clearly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!

Son of Ah Knah Yee Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Exceptional!

PUI since 2004

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Check out these cool bikers

Way cooler than a BMW corporate twat suit

All fixed up and we head south again.
    Sand begins to become more common, I love it, some people hate it, more of that soon

Two and a half days after leaving Ulaanbaatar we arrive in Dalandzadgad, on the outskirts we find scrap vehicles carefully placed....perhaps by an artist, proclaiming that motor vehicle may come and go but the desert always remains.....I wondered what the dinosaurs of that region would have thought.
    KEA

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast