Not to be forgotten

bbbvito

Reaction score
As its been mentioned there are certain things that need to be brought with us on the trip
ie
Driving license
Log book or some kind of vehicle proof
Passport
Insurance Cover
Swiss francs/euros

With this being a first for me, is there any other musts that i should be taking as the last thing i want is to find im trying to source something that i have left lying around the house :thumb2

Ps ive got my coloured pencils, orange undies (yoy only) & hankies :thumb2

If you want a bit of overkill, you can make copies of all your documents and/ or scan them and send them to you e-mail address. This is just a back-up.

Don't forget your ferry booking reference.
Breakdown recovery.
Travel insurance?
EHIC card.
Telephone numbers( ferry co., credit card co, hotel etc.)
Don't forget to inform Insurance company that you are travelling abroad, also credit card company.

:blagblah :blagblah :blagblah :blagblah

I just like to be prepared.

Reduce your packing by taking out a few clothes and put some travel wash in your Bag instead.

Depends on your level of paranoia, but you could take a spare key(s) to panniers, bike, etc, and swap same with a mate for safe-keeping.

Check your insurance policy, as my other thread was a serious one!

Dry-run your packing, then half it. You don't need that cashmere sweater, when you can make room for your mankini :thumb

Yoy
Orange-undied One

As its been mentioned there are certain things that need to be brought with us on the trip
ie

Swiss francs/euros

i will only be taking any i have lying around from previous trips. just use a local cash machine as and when.

.... With this being a first for me, is there any other musts that i should be taking as the last thing i want is to find im trying to source something that i have left lying around the house :thumb2
Here you go - have a look HERE. :thumb2

From my experience, you don't need a lot of clothes. I've lost track of the number of times I've taken my Chinos / casual shoes / fleece and once I've got home I've realised I'd not even taken them out of the panniers.

Couple of suggestions for you;

1. 40 CHF or equivalent in Euro for your Autoroute pass which you will need to buy at the border (been checked twice this month on the entry points to the autoroute, so they are hot on this at the moment)
2. Photocopy of your registration docs
3. Good health/travel insurance - if you even sneeze here the costs will have you pawning the bike and your first born

Plenty of cash machines - this is the land of banking after all.

I strongly recommend that people bring their original registration certificate and schedule of insurance/green card. Over here everyone is expected to carry their original Carte Grise which is a combination of both documents.

YGM ;)

I think it's a good idea to get one. If you need to use the motorway network for any reason, you are covered.

Depends on your insurance cover?

I was told to get one last year for my first trip to europe. Covers you for europe including Switzerland, just not sure what cover it gives you as it depends on country.

I just like to be prepared.

Spare bulb kit............does anyone bother taking a spare bulb kit?
I think I have once a few years back but never since,and how do you take spare bulbs when all lights are l.e.d's except the headlamps which are h.i.d.'s :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom