Accessory socket dimentions?

Shep

Shep of the Dessert
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
On my airhead there is an auxilliary socket fitted, i want to get a heated jacket controller to fit that socket, how can I tell if its a BMW sized socket or just a standard car type?

The diameter of the socket fitted recieves a 20mm dia plug

Shep

Yes I'd thought of that and thats plan B, the Mrs has gone out in the car and I wanted to order the bits before she got back:augie

One of us could go and measure one for you...............if we could be arsed:p

On my airhead there is an auxilliary socket fitted, i want to get a heated jacket controller to fit that socket, how can I tell if its a BMW sized socket or just a standard car type?

Shep

If its the BMW fitted one on the bottom of the battery cage its a BMW DIN type socket, if its aftermarket :nenau

One of us could go and measure one for you...............if we could be arsed:p

Thanks Tim i knew somebody would make the effort, thats what I like about you older guys, selfless at times:rob:D

If its the BMW fitted one on the bottom of the battery cage its a BMW DIN type socket, if its aftermarket :nenau

No, it's up in the cockpit beside the 'dash' lights

Shep

Shep

Basically there are only two sizes to choose from.

1, Car lighter socket. Found in cars.

2, Din socket. found in many applications from bikes to trucks to caravans and more.

They are all the same size, usually rated to 5W but will take more :augie Also available up at 25W, available from many different sources 'Jaythro' being one.

HTH Val.

Back
Top Bottom