Thread: Big up for Thersbys: Wheel Repair

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Big up for Thersbys: Wheel Repair

http://www.yell.com/b/Thersby+Group+...160/index.html

I recently bought a set of alloys to do a cast wheel conversion on my 1150gs, only to find the rear wheel was buckled. I rang Thersbys and spoke to the man himself, Roy Thersby. This was lunchtime on a Friday. He said he was there til four, and if I dropped it in, he'd have a look at it but would be unable to fix it today.

His premises are about 25 miles from me so off I went. He dropped what he was doing and put the wheel on the lathe, spun it up and said something about it needing jigging. Writing my details down he commented that he was attending a function in my Town that night.

About seven O'clock I take a call at home, from Mr Thersby, informing me he'd completed the repair to my wheel, he'd be down in an hour, and if I'd like to meet him outside the venue he was attending, I could have the wheel back.

The wheel is now completely straight, he hasn't left a mark on it, he dropped what he was doing to carry out the repair, and then delivered it back to me. For £55. All I can say is what fantastic service. So........big up for Thersbys.

He did a couple of spoke wheel rebuilds for me with new rims a few years back at a very good price , seemed a genuine bloke.

I tried to find his Premises a while back and after walking up and down Stockton High Street for ages I gave up. Where exactly is he ?.

Thersby supplied me with a set of stainless rims and spokes for my Bonneville

a few years back. I have only good things to say about the quality of the

wheels and the service I received from him. I know of a couple of lads that

have had cast wheels repaired by him and have received the same high

standard of service. I would have no hesitation in recommending him...

As regards his location, he is on what I think is Stockton high St, but it is

close to where Norton Rd ends. roughly opp where Pharos night club used to

be..ahem... If that helps...

Its a large house which he runs a couple of business's from, the wheel

building being done from the rear. It is strictly by appointment only.

If I remember correctly......... well it was a few years ago

hope this is of some help?

77 Norton Rd Stockton on Tees. TS18 2DA.

It's just off the junction at the trading estate end of the High St, and if you approach from that end it's pretty much the first premises you come to on the right, looks nothing like a business premises, more like a house.

I thought i'd add to this thread as it was this thread that led me to Thersbys to get my front adventure wheel straightend. I bought it used, but found it was running out 2.2mm. He's fixed it for me, top guy recommended.