Idiot on a MH Gs in Cork today.

Royal cock up....

Oh FFS.......Wait till ye find out who it is, he's going to make Corporal Punishment live up
to his name when he sees him. I'm just glad he's not pissed off with me. As for riding on
the pegs in traffic...he's probably the thurd best rider I know and could teach us all a few
tricks, absolutely gifted on a bike.

:angel

Oh FFS.......Wait till ye find out who it is, he's going to make Corporal Punishment live up
to his name when he sees him. I'm just glad he's not pissed off with me. As for riding on
the pegs in traffic...he's probably the thurd best rider I know and could teach us all a few
tricks, absolutely gifted on a bike.

:angel

sounds like a real tosser.....:augie

This is the uk gser site , opinions such as should be consigned over to the pipe and slippers club . You obviously havent served your time on the roads of any of our major european cities . If you want to see filtering try Paris or Genoa .

Your kind of assuming a lot here aintcha. Not that it's any of your business but, i've been riding the roads of Ireland and the Uk for 30 years or so, and while i'm obviously not as gifted as our friend in the tunnel, i know dangerous riding when i see it. No matter how talented you are, your always only one moment away from some moron in a car pulling into your space without looking. If the traffic was lighter it would have been fine, but it was hectic and cars and vans were doing the old death race 2000 bit. We're constantly being told to ride defensively in traffic conditions, not to be doing a charlie boorman down some african dirt road.

Your kind of assuming a lot here aintcha. Not that it's any of your business but, i've been riding the roads of Ireland and the Uk for 30 years or so, and while i'm obviously not as gifted as our friend in the tunnel, i know dangerous riding when i see it. No matter how talented you are, your always only one moment away from some moron in a car pulling into your space without looking. If the traffic was lighter it would have been fine, but it was hectic and cars and vans were doing the old death race 2000 bit. We're constantly being told to ride defensively in traffic conditions, not to be doing a charlie boorman down some african dirt road.

No, you know what YOU think is dangerous riding when you see it....

Do you know what the purpose of standing up on your pegs is by the way?

Taking control of your own roadspace and riding assertively can actually be a lot safe than sitting in a queue or filtering slowly....defensive riding has its place but assertive riding doesn't preclude riding defensively nowadays.

It's quite ironic really, but ride around the Periphique or central Marrakech or any other manic place during rush hour trying to follow the rules and staying in lane properly and I'd bet that you'd be squished in pretty short order......to survive, you do actually need to ride in a way that is more assertive and positive....the added bonus of which is that you can make some pretty good progress too.

Standing on your pegs not only gives you better control (as long as you're used to it) and balance but it also allows you to see a lot further ahead, as has been mentioned already.

You may be right, he might have been riding like a cock, but don't forget the old cliché that when you point at someone, three fingers are pointing back at yourself :)

CP, you were the only one who saw him and have drawn up your conclusion. If I had seen him too I would possibly agree with you also... But I did not. Maybe you should close the thread as it's going nowhere....

For what it's worth i now find myself in agreement with fanum and Richie. maybe he did know what he was doing, it just looked dodgy to me.
If any of the mods want to close the thread thats fine with me.

CP....we'd only close something if it's seriously needed, from a mod's point of view.

As the person who started the thread, you are able to close it if you wish, but it seems to have had a sensible outcome so it's up tp you :)

Bill

idiot probably doesnt know how to close it:comfort at least hes an honest guy

I h8 the term newbie - howbout person most likely to commit faux pas and upset folk.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unwieldy?? probably. Anyway i'm new to the forum and i live in Cork. I bought my 1100GS from Mark Henry about a year ago. I cant believe it's taken me 28 years to get a BMW. Now i know what i've been missing.

I forgot to say hello and thanks for having me.
Hello and thanks for having me.

Alan.( Corporal Punishment )

try thread tool:augie :D

It's fine.....really. No offense taken. I'd be a bit of a muppet to get upset about it anyway considering i called tunnel man a tool. For which, by the way, i will apologise for if he contacts me or joins the thread.

It's fine.....really. No offense taken. I'd be a bit of a muppet to get upset about it anyway considering i called tunnel man a tool. For which, by the way, i will apologise for if he contacts me or joins the thread.

Could have been worse, ya could have called him a langer :D

:aidan

Back
Top Bottom