Passport Question

richie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Allihies again.. but off to Asia soon....
Is it possible to have extra visa pages added to an Irish passport or do I have to get a new one.... Two years left on it but only one free page, not enough for the winter travels I'm afraid....

Anyone know?

A mate of mine "accidentally put it in the washing machine" and got a replacement for the remaining time on it.
He had no sentimental value for the stamps so didn't care (although some travellers would).

New. No pages added to irish passports. There's a passport office in Cork (in case you didn't already know...). An Post have a 10 working day renewal service too, from any post office.

Check about the number of pages in a new one too ......in ours, we can get a version with a fair few more pages in than the standard one......can't remember the price difference but if yours last 10 years as well and you're going to carry on leading the life of an international man of mystery and adventure:cool:, it may well be worth getting the fat version rather than the anorexic one :)

Check about the number of pages in a new one too ......in ours, we can get a version with a fair few more pages in than the standard one......can't remember the price difference but if yours last 10 years as well and you're going to carry on leading the life of an international man of mystery and adventure:cool:, it may well be worth getting the fat version rather than the anorexic one :)

We fully expect to carry on our lifestyle.

Maybe I should go back to a British passport NOT....

I switched to Irish a while back as the British morons would not allow my eldest son a UK passport as I was not married to his mum.... FFS...

Wheras my youngest son can as we were married by then.....

I said to them at the time, we are living in the twentieth century you know....

I switched to Irish a while back as the British morons would not allow my eldest son a UK passport as I was not married to his mum.... FFS...

Wheras my youngest son can as we were married by then.....

I said to them at the time, we are living in the twentieth century you know....

:nenau
As long as you have a proper letter from the mother , it ought to have been possible.......

I guess they're just (rightly) careful after a good number of kids have been taken out of the country by dads illegally :nenau

anyway, :topic ;)

:nenau
As long as you have a proper letter from the mother , it ought to have been possible.......

I guess they're just (rightly) careful after a good number of kids have been taken out of the country by dads illegally :nenau

anyway, :topic ;)

Bill you forget maybe, I was born in the UK and was a British citizen... My boys were both born in Belgium....

Anyway it matters little, as now they speak French like the Belgians and Irish like West Corkonians..... Wish I could say the same for myself.... But have no intention of changing accents after such a long time...

Bill you forget maybe, I was born in the UK and was a British citizen... My boys were both born in Belgium....

Anyway it matters little, as now they speak French like the Belgians and Irish like West Corkonians..... Wish I could say the same for myself.... But have no intention of changing accents after such a long time...

:blast Fair enough.....Bureaucrats do not like complication and that would be a mess for them :D

TBH an Irish passport could be a very good thing anyway in some countries :thumb

Don't know how often you're on your travels Richie but I have 2 passports and that way you can send one off for visas and still travel on the other one it also means you don't get heaps of crap when doing Middle East & US trips.

Don't know how often you're on your travels Richie but I have 2 passports and that way you can send one off for visas and still travel on the other one it also means you don't get heaps of crap when doing Middle East & US trips.

Agreed and it's one of the reasons I will not go to Israel.... With a second passport no problem...

Again not sure Ireland does a second passport, but the big one is worth it. They only print them once a week though so the wait time can be a bit longer for them.
I stopped being an international man of mystery about 3 months after I got my new 45 pager. :blast

Richie you can get a passport next day,
The Iranian embassy would not accept my passport
because it was water damaged, So went to passport head office
in Dublin told them the story and gave them me old passport
and birth cert, Next day new passport and they also gave
me my old one back with corners cut off.

Back
Top Bottom