textile/winter gear

Who is that sniggering at the back?
It's the guys who bought the winter trews and jackets in Lidl!
Triple stitched, waterproof, winter collar, made in Germany, for about 100 quid.
You know who you are, come out of the closet!

Ghost,
I have found Nikwax useless, sorry that is wrong, i meant TOTALLY USELESS.
Goretex is yer only man. If there is a goretex layer and you nikwax the outer, the goretex can't breathe and you will get wet.
Instead of Nikwax, I use a breathable cycling jacket and overtrousers which keep the gear dry and clean. For better weather I use Rallye suit, well aware it is not safe to keep the wallet in the pockets, but for versatility, cannot be beaten. I use one there, and another here.

Gents, thanks for all the feedback, much appreciated. After a lot of hokin about, and a bit of additional work coming in which I wasn't expecting, I've commited meself to a second hand twat suit, and a second hand streetguard 2 suit from another GSer on the UK side. Yes yes, I can only wear one suit at a time, but the prices were good for one year old kit and for the price of one new suit, I've two to see me right for (I hope) a right few years.

Thanks again for the info guys.

Phil

Gents, thanks for all the feedback, much appreciated. After a lot of hokin about, and a bit of additional work coming in which I wasn't expecting, I've commited meself to a second hand twat suit, and a second hand streetguard 2 suit from another GSer on the UK side. Yes yes, I can only wear one suit at a time, but the prices were good for one year old kit and for the price of one new suit, I've two to see me right for (I hope) a right few years.

Thanks again for the info guys.

Phil

Now that's a result. Two suits for the price of one. :D :clap:clap

Well done yourself Phil. :thumb2

Betty Swollocks has recently bought a Dane suit Spikey and apparently is quite happy with it. Stujw 70 has written a thorough review here.

Module Road and Race in Antrim stock these suits, but I see from reading the review that Lo-Iq on this site sells them too. Well worthy of consideration I'd say.

BTW, here is a link to the Dane website. :thumb2

Without having seen this thread, I had just posted another reply about the Dane on the equiptment section a short time ago. The Dane has been well tested in August.... much better for me than my one year old Rukka.....

I think the XCR laminate goretex is the way to go, but bloody expensive (except for the Dane.... and Keith in Module still has some at last year's prices) http://www.modulemoto.co.uk/

Link to Dane thread
http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116815

Betty Swollocks

So I'm a bit late butting in here, but FWIW I bought some Richa waterproof gloves a few years ago. They weren't, so I took them back and exchanged them under warranty. The replacements weren't either, so I exchanged them for a pair of "Held" gloves which had Gore-Tex linings. Waterproof as a ducks arse they were. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom