fitting headset in shoei XR800 help

malc

Reaction score
Just bought a softline magictalk headset so I can listen to music while riding but never having fitted anything like this b4 im a bit unsure if I need to cut my helmet lining I dont want to but if need be I will.
Im going to swap my helmet for a flip front later in the year but not yet & will not really want to butcher that hopefully.

WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A GS

1150R AT PRESENT

I'v just fitted autocom into my wifes XR800 and its not as difficult as it first looks, This is how autocom advised me.
the lineing doesnt tecnically come out, but with gentle force starting at the back of either cheeck pad pull it away from the shell, Its only held in by 2 sided tape, then just work your way along being firm, The 'whole' lineing comes out including the chin bit all in one piece, took me about 10 mins, then its obvious where to put the speakers, there is cut in the polystyrene , the whole lot goes back the same way but with less effort, or else just put some velcro on the back of the speakers and put them ontop the lineing there is a dent in the polly just in the right place, but they dont feel so comfy like that, trust thats some help. Chris

As the lining is just polystyrene, I took a soldering iron and melted out a recess for my earpieces from behind leaving some small holes for the sound to pass through. Doesn't affect the comfort of the original helmet fit, and makes the seating of the earpieces much more secure.

Cheers,

Neil.

fitting headset in xr800

Great advice lads thanks a lot done & sorted perfect had a great ride over to motoworks 2day to fetch some rear pads & the headphones woked great worked great.

Back
Top Bottom