Anyone out tomorrow..?

Stevie73

Reaction score
I'm thinking Keswick for a sausage and egg muffin in the morning, Whinlatter pass, wast water, Harknott pass, Wrynose pass, (possibly salter fell - depends on time) devils bridge for a bru, then home via the trough....
:D:D:D:D

Sounds good apart from salters fell (only on tourances) but could do wynster ford, it has been a few years since I did that one. I better go and put my new battery on the bike!!:thumb2

Weather is great, done the chores today so sounds good to me :)

Wayne

Where are you meeting & What time ?? I might be able to make it. I was gonna go do the wales run. but it looks like it could be hard work.

i might come but will have the the bird in tow:)

where we meeting and what time .

I'll be at the Shell petrol station at Haydock Island, J23 off the M6 on the A580 (East Lancs road) at 9:00am (N53 28.282 W2 38.193) Will be leaving there around 9:15 after a coffee and a fag..:)

If anyone has any other route ideas, I'm more than happy to go along with any suggestions.

I was thinking of blasting up the M6 and coming off for Windemere to take Kirkstone Pass, left through troutbeck to the A66 into Keswick. I'll do a garmin gdb file for anyoone with a garmin sat nav cos I don't want to be at the front all day!! :D Will post it up after.

BTW....It's not a fecking race or a mine's bigger than yours ride. I'll be enjoying the scenery, the roads, and the weather. I might have an occasional blast :green gri, but if y'all wanna go on a hooligan run, I won't be taking part :rob

......... I'll do a garmin gdb file for anyoone with a garmin sat nav cos I don't want to be at the front all day!! :D Will post it up after.

BTW....It's not a fecking race or a mine's bigger than yours ride. I'll be enjoying the scenery, the roads, and the weather. I might have an occasional blast :green gri, but if y'all wanna go on a hooligan run, I won't be taking part :rob

I'll be up for that. I've never done a run with any of the members here before :blast so it will be a first :)

Although I've lived in the UK for a few years now my geography is still pretty hopeless so a garmin file will be handy. Usually I follow the Zumo lady blindly with interesting consequences!

Not into racing either - just a pleasant days riding with (hopefully) some new scenery.

Wayne

Can only create a GPX file for some reason, and is too big to upload on this forum :confused: Too many miles in the countryside perhaps...:D:D

Have a good run, i'll be going in that general direction tomorrow, heading to Dunoon and then back to the Lakes on Tuesday :thumb2

OK, just done GDX route.....303 miles, but can be cut short at any moment if anyone wants to get home quicker.......

Kirkstone pass
Whinlatter pass
hardknott pass
wrynose pass
buttertubs
trough of bowland

And many miles of beautiful countryside in between :D:D:D

OK, just done GDX route.....303 miles, but can be cut short at any moment if anyone wants to get home quicker.......

Kirkstone pass
Whinlatter pass
hardknott pass
wrynose pass
buttertubs
trough of bowland

And many miles of beautiful countryside in between :D:D:D

Could join up honister pass after Whinlatter, see you at haydock

cheers steve for a great day, great route you planned etc :thumb

nice to meet some new and older faces :):thumb

must say stunning views around the lakes today :beerjug:

+1 thanks all , good weather, good roads, good company, what more could you want. keith @ kaz

+2 same here. Thanks Steve,great roads,weather,company.
Nice route home Terry. I love that route to Scorton.
Graham & Sharon

Back
Top Bottom