Question..HID lights on 1200 GS

why not 8000K which K is the best?

too blue

4500 - 6000 just about right in my humble opinion. :thumb

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9w_U-uVVSO0?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9w_U-uVVSO0?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

yep u right 8K looks shite so where is the best place to get good ones hmmm?

Have a look on the hid50.com site and there are pictures of the 5 and 6K on bikes.

:beerjug:

HD Lights

Just had HD Spots and head light converted by Jonno at Adventure Bike Warehouse. Supplied and fully fitted. Just ridden home 60 miles in the dark in my own pocket of virtual daylight, amazing! Two year warranty, free fitting and, compared to others, relatively inexpensive. The service offered by this company is seconds to none and the goods offered are brilliant. Few purchases that I have made have offered such satisfaction.

:rob:rob:rob:rob:rob:rob:rob:

Did you have the dipped beam only HIDed or both dip and main?

Had my 1200ADV dipped done a couple of weeks ago and am going back for the BMW spots to be converted.

Mike

As Adams says, HID takes a few seconds to warm up from cold. If you just meet a few oncoming cars no problem:) but if you haven't used it for a while it has to warm up:(

I have found I can live with that:mmmm I found the dip perfect and the main somewhat lacking (both HID 50s from Les) so I went the route of adding another Xenon/HID light to the main and are now cruising at a comfortable light level in the darkest Norwegian valleys:clap

A different solution may be to keep the main as is, and then just add a Xenon/hid bulb to the main to get the best of both worlds:augie

I agree with Adams also but you also make a good point 1Rider. I recently had added the Xenon/HID light. It's crazy, I never thought I could see the streets so clearly, not only that but now I feel less in danger as a lot of people can see me.

I've just spent a chilly 1 3/4 hours fitting an HID low beam bulb and bracket supplied by Les.

Despite my virgin status for doing this type of job I got through on my own with no major rewinds (or injury), switched it on and it worked first time.

Dead easy, just not over bright, but then it kept getting brighter!

I love this light, definitely made me lose my fear of tinkering and couldn't believe the first time success, or the result.

Happy bunny me :thumb

Definitely recommend Les for his speed, attitude and product :JB

Another :thumb for Les.

Started converting main and fogs yesterday all went extremely well (would of been better if i had all my tools at the girlfriends rather than having to go and get them) started to run out of light on the last fog light but only need to connect it so ill do that tonight. Brilliant lights brilliant kit and a brillaint service.

I have been blessed by Les (35W HID Install)

Just installed my new 35w kit 6000k from Les. Took me Less than an hour and it was very straightforward. Went for the ballast bracket to make it look clean and will install some spots at some point in the future. Les advised that the 35w would be better for London driving and I think he is right!

Way to go Les :beerjug:.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 99

Back
Top Bottom