Thread: Servicing in the North East & Cumbria

R1200GSA TDM 900 R1200GS Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Servicing in the North East & Cumbria

Questions often asked so please post your recommendations here

Quote Originally Posted by Mort View Post
    Mick Kendrick 07828281003

Daryl at DIT Motorcycles is also in Sunderland 07771995849

can anyone suggest a good place to take my 1200gs for a 12,000 mls
    service i live in the seahouses area of northumberland i dont mind a travel but not to far as if i have to leave bike its getting transport back to village as its not very good up here
    cheers

Rear Stab Vest Only .... Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by bigklar View Post
    can anyone suggest a good place to take my 1200gs for a 12,000 mls
    service i live in the seahouses area of northumberland i dont mind a travel but not to far as if i have to leave bike its getting transport back to village as its not very good up here
    cheers

Micks numbers above , he's on the sea front near the town center so you can go for a walk while he's doing it .....

poor tom
    I take my 1150GSA to Andy Minns who runs/owns Border Bikes in Duns. Always pleased with the price & quality...
    Nice run there & back, too. (I'm near Alnwick).

Quote Originally Posted by poor tom View Post
    I take my 1150GSA to Andy Minns who runs/owns Border Bikes in Duns. Always pleased with the price & quality...
    Nice run there & back, too. (I'm near Alnwick).
    Your not wrang, a good guy ex-polis service mechanic.

Before the great fire of Berwick, forced him to move from his old shop off foul ford to Duns.

I've had a MZ from him in the past, is he still doing the 6 days trials?

Teesdale

Teesdale Motorcycles Thirsk, very professional.

servicing

whats the average cost for a service i have been quoted £390 plus £50 for brake fluid for a 2400 mile service from a bmw dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by husky View Post
    whats the average cost for a service i have been quoted £390 plus £50 for brake fluid for a 2400 mile service from a bmw dealer.
    What model bike ?

r1200gs 04

Quote Originally Posted by Sir James View Post
    Micks numbers above , he's on the sea front near the town center so you can go for a walk while he's doing it .....
    Quote Originally Posted by husky View Post
    Another free bump for Mick, did my 1200 for £190 for the 24K service this year.

Its the only time I venture to the land of cheesy chips and blue pop

Is Mick still around before i give him a bell?
    Going to service her before the shite hits the fan , where is he at in blue pop land ?

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by big stu View Post
    Is Mick still around before i give him a bell?
    Going to service her before the shite hits the fan , where is he at in blue pop land ?
    He's in Roker, stones throw from the seafront

Thank you kindly,
    Stu

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Not taking anything away from Mick, as I don't know the man, Daryl at DIT is good. I've used him for many yrs now, he was with M&S in Durham before setting up on his own. He has a strange sense of humour, so if he takes the piss, just ignore it, or give t back.

North Shields, Newcastle upon Tyne, England
    Anyone recommend a decent bike mot place either in or near to North Tyneside?

Dunno if I'm asking a bit much but ideally would like to wait while my GSA is tested. Coopers can't do anything for weeks and need me to leave my bike with them. My bike is my only transport & I'm struggling for a lift midweek which is why I'd rather wait.

Any help appreciated.....

Son of Ah Knah Yee Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamj79 View Post
    Anyone recommend a decent bike mot place either in or near to North Tyneside?

Dunno if I'm asking a bit much but ideally would like to wait while my GSA is tested. Coopers can't do anything for weeks and need me to leave my bike with them. My bike is my only transport & I'm struggling for a lift midweek which is why I'd rather wait.

Any help appreciated.....
    I get mine done at Ferguson's in Blyth. Generally just over an hour, so you can go get a butty and brew in the town centre whilst it's being done.

PUI since 2004

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast