My Guzzi NTX650 is finally registered and on the road!

So I`m hatching a plot about going to the factory then doing the Stella on the way home.
How cool a trip would that be?

Very cool :thumb2

I'd hoped to do the same with my Guzzi this year but it's not happened :( Next year is on the cards though, maybe see you there :thumb2

Having said that, don't leave it tooooo long as there may not be much to visit..................

Mandello's Mayor to meet with Piaggio top brass to discuss the future of the company

Cernobbio (Como), 11 lug. - (Adnkronos) - On July 20 in Milan, the mayor of Mandello Lario, Riccardo Mariani, and the president of the Province of Lecco, Daniele Nava, will meet with the top brass at Piaggio to discuss the future of Moto Guzzi, the historic name from Lario that had over 1,600 employees in the 60's and now only 150, all on temporary lay-offs.
"The economic crises in our market and particularly for Guzzi is worrying -Mariani stressed at the 9th national conference of small towns currently underway at Cernobbio (COMO)- and for this we ask Colanino, who took it over with Piaggio in 2004, to tell us the plans for the future of the marque. In particular - he added - whatever the reply may be, to close or move the production, doesn't happen before 2010 when, as everyone is hoping, we will have come out of this general economic downturn."

In support of this request, there will be a "motorcycle protest" held in front of the Guzzi factory in Mandello on September 19th, a rally consisting of "guzzisti" from Italy and the rest of Europe in an effort to help keep the brand going."

Some more museum piccies to wet your appetite HERE

Andres

Guzzisti factory.....

:mmmm
yes Mr Munch,
the ill fated factory visit...
damnit!
yet again - i wish i were a little less good looking and slightly richer instead. :augie
i wanna go too! :(

yes Mr Munch,
the ill fated factory visit...
damnit!
yet again - i wish i were a little less good looking and slightly richer instead. :augie
i wanna go too! :(

Well, you gotta year to save and a further year to age and loose some of them dashing good looks :thumb

Andres

Well, you gotta year to save and a further year to age and loose some of them dashing good looks :thumb

Andres

somehow this seems quite do-able. :rolleyes:

remind me. after xmas - i (hope) to be busy on another trip before then ;)

Ta.
~~
Og lord it's hard to be humble, when yer perfect in everry wayyy :D

659512456_oXp97-M.jpg

This time last week. :D
Mark

(This should have been posted last Tuesday,but I`ve had a busy week)

Right then......

The disintegrated tube and rubber dust at the bead and around the swinging arm area was caused by a couple of loose spokes. :blast
The resulting gaps between the flared ends of the spoke nipples and the wheel rim was constantly opening and closing and nibbing away at the tube and it finally gave way.

Oh,for the want of some tyre levers and a new tube...:augie
At least I know what happened,anyway.

A bit of web browsing and some studying of tyre catalogues (and a fair bit of price negotiating) led to a very good deal at SRT Motorcycles in Birkenhead.

Ten minutes of spanner twirling and the Guzzi looked like this.....

GusFirstNewTyres003Medium.jpg

Note the wooden block with the wheel spindle through it to prevent that 'beached whale moment' when the wheel-less bike falls off the centre stand (...Of course,YOU have NEVER done that,have you ??? :augie ).

GusFirstNewTyres004Medium.jpg

Out with the old..............

GusFirstNewTyres002Medium.jpg

And in with the new........
(see other Thread hereabouts for fun and frolicks as a result of this latest purchase :augie)

GusFirstNewTyres005Medium.jpg

Another ten minutes or so with the spanners and the job`s a good `un. :bounce1

GusFirstNewTyres008Medium.jpg

GusFirstNewTyres007Medium.jpg

The disintegrated tube and rubber dust at the bead and around the swinging arm area was caused by a couple of loose spokes. :blast
The resulting gaps between the flared ends of the spoke nipples and the wheel rim was constantly opening and closing and nibbing away at the tube and it finally gave way.

So, what did you do to resolve the spoke problem Tarks, just nip them up tight or have a wheel builder do it? :nenau

So, what did you do to resolve the spoke problem Tarks, just nip them up tight or have a wheel builder do it? :nenau

Yeah...just tightened them..carefully. :thumb2

Mind you...it led to a merry chase around the wheel,as various other loose ones appeared as a consequence of tightening them.
It started to feel like that mad game where you pound the garden mole with a hammer but it pops up elsewhere before you get it. :D :D

The spokes are all secure and the wheel is true now. :thumb2

L1000063.jpg

Well I never!! Being a new member I was having a look round:)

Bumped into your NTX 650 Tarka :thumb

Thought I was the only one one the world to own a NTX :blast:D Here's a picture of mine, great bike, only done 21k kms, I love it,

Then blow me:eek: see you have a Goldwing, sold mine just before Christmas, but I'll post a pic all the same,

What else do you have??????

L1000314.jpg

Cheers Graham

Well I never!! Being a new member I was having a look round
Bumped into your NTX 650 Tarka :thumb

Thought I was the only one one the world to own a NTX :blast:D

Welcome aboard..and nice one.:thumb2
There`s not many NTX`s of either capacity here in the UK but I think there`s a few more of your 750....several are ex Italian Municipal Police.

Then blow me:eek: see you have a Goldwing,

I`ve got TWO Goldwings now,heh heh.
Both GL11000`s......yours is (or was) a 1000 innit?
I bought another Plain Jane just before Christmas.
It`s an early 1980 one..one of the first 1100`s.
Been stood for 8 years but all complete and original.....£600. :augie

I saw yours in an earlier Thread..looked nice.

What else do you have??????

Erm......
Apart from the NTX650
And the two GL1100`s
There`s........
The two Ural combos (my beloved green 650 and my posh two tone 750)
Triumph 900 Scrambler
Royal Enfield 500 Woodsman
1975 Honda CB400F1
1958 Lambretta LD150
Honda CB900 hardtail chopper
Streetlegal mad as a hatter Shineray 125 PitBike

:augie

At last ! Up and running and we are still trying to find the manual we promised you!

Hmmm Stella... I have been told I can try it again this year ... as Jules never want to go up that high again. She was amazing for someone with such a fear of heights.

So I may meet up with you half way up the mountain ... again... unless we sort something out in advance. Hopefully no "picture stops" this time!

Friday night in the Sitting Bull ?

Congrats again..

Scouse

tch!

oh them yokes are common over here... :augie
:hide not. :p

Attachments

• GuzziNTXGS.JPG
    GuzziNTXGS.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 558
Yay ! A V65TT (or is it the very rare V35TT ? )....very nice bike to ride...forerunner of the NTX range. :thumb2
i've not ridden it - had to turn down the offer / didn't have time. :rolleyes:
i came across it when searching for a Honda C90 - must see what more i can find out though. :thumb2 belongs to a friend of a friend. have a couple more pics. if any are worth posting....i'll post here... when i find them :augie
there are some odd Guzzis about here. looking forward to The Carlow Show at Easter to hopefully spot a few. :)

still think us Guzzisti should have our own subsection here
:p

:hide

still think us Guzzisti should have our own subsection here[/SIZE] :p

:hide

I agree and the further away from other motorcycles the better.... just in case they catch pervertitis from 'em!

Some of my worst motorcycling memories involve a V65 that Jules once had the misfortune to own... :rob

May have to go to the Stella if Tarka is to take a pannier full of fuses and wire for him as it eats it's own electrical system... even if you have rewired it ... it still burns itself out...:eek:

only decent pic i got of this....
fine reliable piece of machinery. :p

Attachments

• v65GS.JPG
    v65GS.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 507
Me too, mines an ex Italian plod 750XPA, Squadra Volante. I was going to convert to Standard spec but have come to like the way it is. I've a brand new seat for sale if you need one. The only thing I want to change is the wheel size, they are 16"rear and 18"front.

Back
Top Bottom