A new kind of weekend event.

Count me in. I just love the idea.

Providing the organisers have a good sense of humour :aidan(and I know they have) it has the potential for bodies and bikes to be strewn all over Ireland by Saturday night:aidan:aidan:aidan

Is there a route from Rosslaire?

Think I've managed to book the time off but if it's an early start from Holyhead I'll need to get up to North Wales for the night before.

Just need to know the options before I book ferry's, leave and possible Thursday night stop over.

Thanks

???????????????????????????????????? I can't understand the ?s. The picture is of an IRA roadblock and I can't see why it should be on this site.

???????????????????????????????????? I can't understand the ?s. The picture is of an IRA roadblock and I can't see why it should be on this site.

Posted 3 months ago and you're the only one complaining, give my head peace it was only a joke

:aidan

It's Just yer newness
That was a gentle bit of messin from a guy who no longer types these keyboards

At the end of the day it's in our history and happened and it was meant as a gag

Don't worry abvout schit like that just get on yer bike and come and meet some folks and have a crackin time!

Give my head peace? That response is offensive as you have totally ignored my legitimate concerns. In contrast Jaythro made an effort to explain which I accept and understand.

Give my head peace? That response is offensive as you have totally ignored my legitimate concerns. In contrast Jaythro made an effort to explain which I accept and understand.

When you're in gettin a life, see if they will add a sense of humour in with the deal. Good luck :thumb

:aidan

Thanks for the personal attack. I thought that I raised a legitimate issue and expected a mature and balanced response. I did not receive either and I can only conclude that there is a bias against my views and those of the community I come from.

The picture is of an IRA roadblock and I can't see why it should be on this site.

Davy, there are 1,000's of images on this site and I am sure many of which will offend different folk in different ways.

I am sure it was not Uinneag's intention to deliberately cause offense :thumb2

The picture is of an IRA roadblock and I can't see why it should be on this site.

The picture in question was probably taken 30 years ago and I'm sure that there are many more pictures from that era that could be posted here which would possibly offend one side or the other.

It is my belief and hope that we as a society have moved past those dark days and sure, if we can't laugh at ourselves then maybe we haven't come that far at all.

Uinneag/Oonyack/Johnny posted that image as a jokey reference to the fact that we are having "checkpoints" on the run where riders will receive directions to the next point.

I think it's fair to say that the whole political/religious shite has no place here and is never ever mentioned at all. It's a shame that you feel offended by that pic but as Jaythro says, if you were to come out to join us on a run you will have a cracking time I'm sure.

Back
Top Bottom