Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The YOUR take on the weekend thread.

The YOUR take on the weekend thread.

I'm back and knackered, but I'll try and get the camera hooked up before I fall asleep.

Phil let a group on Friday evening for a couple hours. His infallible 650 broke down.

The evening was excellent, I met a load of people I knew by username but not by face, including Proff. I know there's a thread going in the Mod section about people being on alert for a possible punch-up (or something like that), but he was cheerful and fine, as was I.

But...

While he was sleeping I came back pi**ed and started knocky-nine-doors on his campervan. It was fun watching him at the window with his torch.

After this I found ChrisKelley back in his tent making strange noises. He was totally pi**ed out of his tree. I removed the pegs from his tent and tarp and let it unfold around him. In the morning he said he woke up at 04:00 and couldn't find the door because "some c*nt" had removed all the pegs.

The next day I had an awful hangover but still did the "hardcore" off-roading with Gaz (skygod's) group which was brilliant. It's always good when nobody whines about it being too hard and the group just get on with it.

I had my first ride on Gaz's HP2.

I was in bed at 10:00 knackered and was awoken at 00:00 by a bunch of pi**ed yobs who'd returned from the pub while everybody else had gone to bed. Steptoe, Garfield, Burton, ChrisKelley, Ming? and some other people sat at the tables right next to me and talked drunkin' bollox for about an hour, and while I was semi asleep they zip-tied the zips on my bivy (hohoho) and tried to get a ratchet strap around the bottom. I shifted the bivy down the farm so I could sleep (I wasn't annoyed like they thought).

Later that night I moved it back and was soon awaken by Chris Kelley slurring some unusual language ?!??. He's in his tent, no light on and I hear the following:

"Gps? Check."
    "Phone? Check."

"Daaaaaannnnny Bbbbbooooyyyy"

Flipfly's 650 breaks down...

ChrisKelley erects the tarp and tent...

Garfield on speed...

The Hardcore group, and Tim ...

Conflicting messages from Chris Kelley...

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Hardcore Group!!! The hardest off road trails of the day were tackled by the airhead riders and a group of unicyclists. Welcome to reality sonny

Son of Ah Knah Yee Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Awesome!

It's amazing what 2 cans of Stella can make Snoo - er...AC1200 do.....

PUI since 2004

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Trippy
    Quote Originally Posted by AC1200 View Post
    The next day I had an awful hangover but still did the "hardcore" off-roading with Gaz (skygod's) group which was brilliant. It's always good when nobody whines about it being too hard and the group just get on with it.
    So how hard was the hardcore, got any photos?

undead Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    so who set him free from his bivy bag

always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else.

The 650 didn't break down sir, it took a break that's all

To explain to those who don't know, the starter motor was playing silly buggers and I had to bump start it. Not what I'd call a 1200gs stylee breakdown

Funniest quote of the Friday night from the artist formally known as snoopy "I do reckon the 1200 is probably the best adventure bike ever...like".

Sorry to all you 1200 riders, but the hex has just been cast

ps....ya still owe me that pint

PPS do they do your bivvy in a 48 inch chest???

Fat blokes bounce better

"The human race is being overun by muppets, it's like fraggle f*ckin rock down here!!!"

flipfly - Dec 2012

Pop into the manufacturers place and find out (it's in Derbyshire)

http://www.terra-nova.co.uk/

Mine's the Jupiter, but I paid £180 new for it if you look around

http://www.terra-nova.co.uk/Product_...on_Tents_Bivis

I owe you a pint and Sycho? a shandy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Farmer View Post
    Hardcore Group!!! The hardest off road trails of the day were tackled by the airhead riders and a group of unicyclists. Welcome to reality sonny

Those unicyclists were completely bonkers but they made it look easy.

They were the absolute last thing I expected to see coming the other way down one of those lanes

* * * * * * Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipfly View Post

PPS do they do your bivvy in a 48 inch chest???

it's called a 3 man tent....most shops stock 'em....

<a href=http://www.nomadbiker.co.uk target=_blank>www.nomadbiker.co.uk</a>

Quote Originally Posted by garfield View Post
    it's called a 3 man tent....most shops stock 'em....

You should know

Fat blokes bounce better

"The human race is being overun by muppets, it's like fraggle f*ckin rock down here!!!"

flipfly - Dec 2012

Quote Originally Posted by AC1200 View Post
    Pop into the manufacturers place and find out (it's in Derbyshire)

http://www.terra-nova.co.uk/

Mine's the Jupiter, but I paid £180 new for it if you look around

http://www.terra-nova.co.uk/Product_...on_Tents_Bivis

I owe you a pint and Sycho? a shandy.
    Heh heh, it wasn't Sycho..............and it wasn't a shandy either

Just could never get to grips with watering down perfectly good beer, sorry

Sorry matey I was getting you mixed up!

I thought it was strong shandy.

chelle

Thumbs up kinda missed everything......

cracking weekend people(what little i saw of it), thanks for not making me feel like the "DEALER=OUTCAST".
    pretty much missed most things due to being a wage slave, but had a good time non the less.Nice to meet you GSers, got a little more idea of what you crazy folks do with them there bikes
    will have to book time off next year(and bring 450X if i get my lovely/handsome/looking good for his age/generous when it comes to loaning me a bike boss enuff coffee's and sticky buns!)
    have fun till then

Quote Originally Posted by chelle View Post
    cracking weekend people(what little i saw of it), thanks for not making me feel like the "DEALER=OUTCAST".
    pretty much missed most things due to being a wage slave, but had a good time non the less.Nice to meet you GSers, got a little more idea of what you crazy folks do with them there bikes
    will have to book time off next year(and bring 450X if i get my lovely/handsome/looking good for his age/generous when it comes to loaning me a bike boss enuff coffee's and sticky buns!)
    have fun till then
    Thanks for the tie down straps Chelle

Quote Originally Posted by chelle View Post
    have fun till then
    Ah you disappeared. I was the one you were talking to with the dirty bike

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast