A few pictures from the airhead riders off road ride

Rob Farmer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I tagged along with the Mono g/s ride led by Chris. It all started out innocently enough with a nice bimble round the lanes.

DSCF1634.jpg

Before getting a little more serious. We headed down to Monsal head and climbed the extremely rocky slope. Pretty tricky because the rocks were constantly throwing you off track

Chris riding Colts bike out

DSCF1635.jpg

At the head of the Monsal trail

DSCF1636.jpg

We then headed for Bamford clough meeting Flips crew on their ride out.

Bamfords a hell of a climb up slippy rock plates and loose rocks and shale, fortunately there are sections of concrete to provide some respite. We had one mishap when Derek lost his grip and broadsided the bike. No damage fourtunatly just oil in the airbox providing a smoke screen. The slopes got to be at least a 1 in 3

DSCF1637.jpg

Derek riding out with a smile on his face and a haze of smoke.

DSCF1642.jpg

All out

DSCF1641.jpg

The view from the top

DSCF1643.jpg

Feck me!!!

I can't believe ya did monsul ya feckin looooooons :thumb

Gaz didn't want to take the tough guys up there in case they got themselves into grief :D:D:D

Well done, I'm impressed :clap:clap:clap

Gaz didn't want to take the tough guys up there in case they got themselves into grief :D:D:D

They were sat in the cafe eating fish and chips dressed in body armour when I saw them and then tootling along the easy trails...Hard core indeed. I suppose they may have been wearing pelican bibs instead of body armour :augie

Bamford clough is not for the fainthearted even in this dry spell
People have died on that trail
Where the Guy in Blue was stood is a plaque informing you of a fatality
Well done airheaders for showing tuthers where you can go if you dare
(Or if you dont know where yer going) :augie - Or did they :thumb :thumb
I would not have sent or took anyone up there either- same as Gaz and Flip
Next year must be chapel-gate if its raining :D
Very big well done from me
Top men these Airheaders :clap

Feck me!!!

I can't believe ya did monsul ya feckin looooooons :thumb

Well done, I'm impressed :clap:clap:clap

We rode past the end of the lane and went to Gaz's house sat outside in the afternoon sun being served the best homemade chocolate and cream cake:drool freshly baked by his lovely wife :clap

Well done airheaders for showing tuthers where you can go if you dare
(Or if you dont know where yer going) :augie - Or did they :thumb :thumb

Got to admit that Chris knew exactly where he was going and had the riding ability to make it all seem very easy - the rest of us were just lambs to the slaughter :D

We were all essentially on road tyres so were struggling for grip apart from that the airheads were fantastic. Chris's mate on the Yam TT had problems with the tyre breaking away on the slopes and struggled for grip but considering he's new to riding did a fine job :clap

As keen as I am to get an airhead I was told by the "airhead mafia" its not allowed until I reach 40.

14 months to go,,,,let the countdown commence!
:)

Looks like a good days ride.

I find the power delivery, the grip and everything else about my Airhead much better off road than the 1150 ever was.

And ths can't be seen too often ...

Attachments

• DSCF1634.jpg
    DSCF1634.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 1,024
Holy cow! :eek:

Part of me is really pi**ed I couldn't make this weekend, part of me is rather relieved, as I think my (very) marginal off-road skills would have struggled big style with that!

Well done chaps, show 'em how it's done :clap

I tagged along with the Mono g/s ride led by Chris.

It all started out innocently enough with a nice bimble round the lanes.

That sounds VERY familiar. I've been off-roading with him before, on some gentle lanes.
Since then, his nickname in my book is no longer 2gses but CrazyChris :D

Looks like lots of fun was had!

Cheers,
Michel

Back
Top Bottom