Thanks Flipfly

brassmonkey001

I should change this
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
for leading a great rideout on Saturday.
It wasn't quite as gentle as I envisaged and was quite challenging at times, I found. But challenge is good. :thumb2
I'm sorry I couldn't stick around for the last lane but I was knackered after trying (and failing a few times) to keep the bike upright. The point where enough was enough was reached when I very nearly binned it in front of some walkers. I don't want to add any fuel to their anti-bike fire by crashing in front of them or indeed on top of them. So time for an early bath.
Thanks again Phil, and thanks too to Bilco as tail-end Charlie and to everyone who helped pick my bike up. :clap

:agree

Thanks Phil and Chris, as well as all the guys out on the Saturday bimble. I had an absolutely fab time. You're all great and made me feel so welcome.

Thanks so much!!

Paula :thumb

I wondered where you'd gone to brassmonkey, Thanks for pointing out the light issue, seems to be the norm as MrsPDiddy's 650 was doing it when I was behind her.

Put it down to either brilliant engineering to prevent the whole thing vibrating to death or just plain dumb luck on the designers part :D

I did ok with most of it other than the hill after the big mud hole. Wrong line and lost momentum, other than that i was genuinely surprised at how well the Dakar handled the whole thing, tho I'm pretty sure the yammy forks helped :D the only casualty was the scorpion exhaust, the baffle material is making good its escape, got quite a bit louder on the way home so the standard exhaust system is back on, anyone want to buy a scorpion exhaust for a f650 :augie

As for MrsPDiddy, you did better than most of us on what looked to be a lowered 650 :thumb2 :clap

btw, go here and enter the last 7 digits of the vin. I think the designation for a factory lowered f650 is GSL

Thanks RC Mad for the link. I've just had a look, and it doesn't show that mine is a factory lowered model, so I've no idea...... :nenau

Although it is a little low, it did manage to handle the lanes ok. Not sure it would have done if it had been wet with Tourances on. I think it's time for some TKC's! :thumb

p.s. MrPDiddy has just reminded me that it would be him fitting the TKC's, although I shall add that I'd be assisting ;)

Thanks RC Mad for the link. I've just had a look, and it doesn't show that mine is a factory lowered model, so I've no idea...... :nenau

Although it is a little low, it did manage to handle the lanes ok. Not sure it would have done if it had been wet with Tourances on. I think it's time for some TKC's! :thumb

p.s. MrPDiddy has just reminded me that it would be him fitting the TKC's, although I shall add that I'd be assisting ;)

Now you're talking! :clap

Will you lot please keep the noise down?

All these Lumb Farm threads are more than enough to make it plain that I missed a really great weekend... :blast

...bastids.

Can I come next year please? :D

any pictures:nenau

.....or will they take the best part of a year to sort:aidan

No, I didn't take my camera. Good job too I think. I did manage a couple of minutes of video capturing the last of the unicyclists, I'll see if I can upload it later.
I'm hoping GS Eddie should have some good footage as he had a video camera mounted on his bike. :thumb2

Cheers peeps, it's you guys n gals that make the day :clap

We stayed together, got on with the task of enjoying ourselves and had a quality pie for lunch. Just wish I could do it everyday :thumb

Thanks to Sgt Bilco for tailending, a thankless task in dusty conditions :eek:

I chucked in another lane on the way home on my own. Halfway along the track I encountered a young bullock, who was a touch nervy. Not as bad as me, he was old enough to have enough horns to make a mess of me. So we had a stand off for 10 minutes whilst he decided on his next move. I had no choice but to sit there and stare at him, hoping to scare him off. In the end i threw him my "come to bed eyes" and he jumped back over the wall :D:D:D:D

i got one photo, of a 1200 on it's side.Then the batteries died and i'd left the spares in the tent as the camera bag got soaked in beer on the way to the event :blast

Note to self tins of beer in a top box of a single cylinder bike for 70 odd miles is not a good idea :blast

i'll upload the one photo in a bit, got a curry toeat first :JB

as promised, one 1200 on its side :D

First thing i did was whip the camera out :thumb2

IMG_2958.jpg

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i65.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid65.photobucket.com/albums/h218/brassmonkey001/SMOV0001.flv">

Looked like he was holding his nuts:eek

Aha, yes it does, but in fact there is a brake lever under the seat :thumb

Absolutely bonkers they are, as soon as I saw em I had to do a double take :eek::eek: I have never seen off road unicycling before, fair play to em, they seemed to be batting alog at a fair pace :clap:clap:clap

Aha, yes it does, but in fact there is a brake lever under the seat :thumb

Absolutely bonkers they are, as soon as I saw em I had to do a double take :eek::eek: I have never seen off road unicycling before, fair play to em, they seemed to be batting alog at a fair pace :clap:clap:clap

They had brakes on those things?:ymca
Kids today, no sense of adventure or a good challenge:augie

Here's a link to the guys we saw out on the Muni's (apparently the correct term for an off road unicycle!!)

http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79792&page=4

:clap:clap

Just looking thro' that link flip ... and guess what!!

post #60 "Hey guys,

A guy I work with told me he went on his XC Motorbike up in Derbyshire at the weekend and he saw:

"two dozen nutters coming down this crazy hill on unicycles!"

Was it you lot?

He said he caught some video of the last member of the pack, if he gets it to me I'll post it here.

Well done on the length of the ride, imprressive. "

looks like it wa syou lot by the comment in red

Back
Top Bottom