Gaz's offroad ride...

Pipster

Reaction score
Thanks Gaz

For a great day on the lanes nice to put some names to face's
apologies to the guys who got left behind a the petrol station:augie really glad that Flip found you and we hooked up again :thumb2

Next time fill up before the ride you Muppet's :D

Flip let me have your paypal details I owe you some money for the air ambulance collection :thumb2

+1

A great day off road, many thanks Gaz.

It couldn't have been that hard core, several of us were on oilhead GS's with Tourance tyres. A bit of rain though would have made it a very different story.

Ohhh, and I still managed to drop it but only once!:D

thanks guys

had a ball while it lasted. Camille is a little bent but not broke. Her nose is a bit out of joint, forks are fooked but fixable and a new disc is a must. silly little off but hey ho thats the price you pay.
anyway thanks again, racing pip up the trail was awsome and kinda gave me some idea of what the old girl can do, anyway i'm off to write a shopping list and find out if motorworks have the bits:thumb2

Your all very welcome, Its not quite a selfless act though as I do love being on the lanes round here.

Great bunch of blokes on Friday and Saturday, no whingers and a great pace on and off road.

This meant we could fit loads more lanes in that I had originally planned.

Looking forward to next year all ready.

Thanks to Pipster for bringing up the rear, a fairly boring role usually especially for a rider of Phils ability so really appreciate your patience mate.

Just need to get that gyro problem with the HP fixed as it keeps falling over.:augie

It does seem to suffer from that ...

I think this number 3 in the "lets get the HP Horizontal" series.

It's just a shame that Gaz's helmet didn't roll all the way down the hill:(

Best of it is
I had to pick him up on that lane the last time he went on it- on the reccy:augie

and thats the easiest way up - the other way up is harder :rob

Sooner he gets an Airhead the better :thumb2 :rob

I think this number 3 in the "lets get the HP Horizontal" series.

Love the way that the handsome fella in the background is too wracked with mirth to help the stricken leader. :clap

Thanks for leading a great run Gaz, thoroughly enjoyed myself and nothing got bent - result!

Who's passing round the virtual hat for the air ambulance?

Mup.

I`m sure you can go on line lads and pay a few quid for the air ambulance.

Have a look here, it covers Derbyshire and other counties. Every bit helps.
:thumb2

http://www.countyairambulancetrust.co.uk/pages/donate.html

Cheers Gaz

I really wanted people to donate due to the importance of the air ambulances work. I also realise that these do's are expensive affairs and I did not want to pressure anyone into donating money they may not be able to afford.

If you can, please put your hands in ya pockets directly to the site above. Unfortunately ya can't run a helicopter on water, so they do cost quite a bit to keep em flying.

Accidents happen in strange places when you are laning, these flying morphine mobiles are probably the only way you will get to the hospital safely and swiftly.

Thanks again

Have a look at the survivors stories...................makes ya think!!

I really wanted people to donate due to the importance of the air ambulances work. I also realise that these do's are expensive affairs and I did not want to pressure anyone into donating money they may not be able to afford.

I was going to offer to pass the hat round during our lunch stop at the cafe but didn't, for exactly that reason. For me personally it's a no-brainer, three pints less on Saturday night is a tenner for the air ambulance and a reduced headache for me on Sunday morning. Everyone's a winner.

Amazing to think that the government doesn't give them a penny, and neither does the lottery foundation. Anyway, for those too lazy (like me) to print out a form and send off a cheque, you can do it online as well:

http://snurl.com/aa-donate

Mup.

I was going to offer to pass the hat round during our lunch stop at the cafe but didn't, for exactly that reason. For me personally it's a no-brainer, three pints less on Saturday night is a tenner for the air ambulance and a reduced headache for me on Sunday morning. Everyone's a winner.

Amazing to think that the government doesn't give them a penny, and neither does the lottery foundation. Anyway, for those too lazy (like me) to print out a form and send off a cheque, you can do it online as well:

http://snurl.com/aa-donate

Mup.

Dun it,

Paul

Couple more pics

Excellent weekend - cheers to Gaz, Flip n Pipster for hanging the off road rides together. And cheers again to Flip for the mini off road ride on the way on Friday afternoon. Pity I couldn't stay for the Saturday nite rave up.

I didn't manage to get any real good pics this weekend but here's a few to be going on with.

Gaz giving the team talk & a couple up the top of that slippery grass lane.

Paul

Attachments

• IMG_2113.jpg
    IMG_2113.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_2114.jpg
    IMG_2114.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_2116.jpg
    IMG_2116.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 324
I just found a right hand mirror in my car tonight belonging to someone from the off road posse who realised my car was unlocked and chucked it in there . I'm guessing Paul or Pipster.....

Who wants it back ???

Great photo Paul shame the Pikeys have been Fly tipping in the foreground :D

Attachments

• IMG_2114.jpg
    IMG_2114.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 239
Thanks from malc

Gaz and co, that was simply awesome. Only my second time off road and I couldn't believe the ground we managed to cover. I was pretty knackered from overgripping the bars but felt so bloody good afterwards. One of my best days biking ever. I've got my IAM advanced test on Friday and if he marks me down on 'vehicle sympathy' for going over a pothole, i'll show him some pics from the weekend! Talking of which, it would be great to see some more.

Cheers to everyone. Let me know about any more Peak stuff that I can get my 650twin up (or down).

Malc

Back
Top Bottom