Hinterstädtelfest Jockgrim Germany 2010

• Thread starter Deleted account rno
  • Start date

Deleted account rno

After the top weekend enjoyed by the marauding celtic horde at the bi-annual Hinterstädtelfest Jockgrim in 2008, it's only proper that we visit again next year. As always, it's on the first weekend in September. It begins on Friday 03/09/10 and finishes on the Sunday night (05/09/10).

Me and Christine intend arriving on the Thursday and we'll begin our summer holiday at this, staying on for over two weeks. Although we've managed to obtain more accomodation for next year's visit, places are really scarce and the 2010 trip was almost fully booked before I got back home last year. The guys who went last year will appreciate that Jockgrim isn't exactly Las Vegas when it comes to available hotel acomodation.

Christine and I will be travelling from Newcastle and I'd imagine that most others will use the DFDS ferry to Ijmuiden as well. Whatton will more than likely opt for the Harwich ferry due to his location.

The trip is fully booked (due to very limited accomodation) with the accomodation split between 3 locations in the village. All are in easy walking distance of the festival site and of each other.

Zum Elefanten Hotel: We have 6 double or twin rooms here. Guenter and Angelika Fuhr did the guys proud last year and we'll more than likely gravitate here. Staying here are:

Neil23 (soundproofed room)
Whatton and Beetle2112
Robmack
Floyd and Fiona
Alastair (Northern Jock) and Jennifer
Wully and Di

s'Froschl is a cracking wee pub with rooms available (now booked to us). It has it's own brewery and the bier is excellent as is the pub grub. It's mobbed almost every night for meals which is a guide to how good it is. If we're thinking of eating here at all, we'll book a table when we arrive. It's always closed for drink/meals on the Saturday of the festival. For guys familiar with Jockgrim, it's about the same distance again as Zum Elefanten to the festival. (about a 15 minute soberish walk)

Staying here are:

Andi and Tracey (Cunning Fox)
Tony and Trassa (flash of the gap)
Andy T/Klanky (twin)
Garfield/Raboomdea (twin)

I've also booked a small holiday cottage which is about 200 metres from Zum Elefanten (heading towards the festival site).

Staying here are:

Mike (Coolcarbon) and Max
George (Grizzly) and Joyce

It's about a 6.5 hour ride from Ijmuiden to Jockgrim (around 350 miles).

The accomodation is all booked from the Thursday until the Tuesday morning. Anyone wanting to stay on after this is more than welcome but you'll need to make your own arrangements for accomodation or let me know if you want to stay on further at any of the places that I've already booked.

Last year, most of the group left on the Monday morning to head home but in hindsight, this trip is far too long for a "Long Weekend" and I'd strongly advise folks to make this part of a longer Euro trip.

I'll add various links to this thread at a later time but for those who haven't been, Jockgrim is a nice wee place and a brilliant base for wee tours into Schwarzwald (less than an hour away), Alsace (30 mins away) and the Pfälzerwald (Palatinate Forest) and Deutscher Weinstrasse (both less than 30 mins away).

Prost,
Ronno :beerjug:

Duration of Stay in Jockgrim

Neil 23 (Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon)
Grizzly (Fri/Sat/Sun)...TBC
Floyd (Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon)
Rab (Thuts/Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon)

Heello is there a camp site in the town i wouldnt mind stopping there on the way back from my euro trip next year.

Heello is there a camp site in the town i wouldnt mind stopping there on the way back from my euro trip next year.

John, the nearest campsite that I know of is in Rulzheim (8kms away). It sound ideal for Tossers mind you. It's called the Moby Dick :D

I sent Guenter Fuhr (Zum Elefanten) and Bärbel Dreyer (s'Froschl) postcards from the recent Skye Do. You can do worse things than keeping publicans sweet :augie

My sister bumped into Bärbel today and she was saying to my sis how much she was looking forward to our visit. I think it's the kilts that do it. Last year's visit by the kilted celts is now a Jockgrim legend...

It's now only 7 months away until the Hinterstadtl Fest and I've had Angelika Fuhr from Zum Elefanten on the phone asking me to confirm names and numbers in the next few weeks.

I would imagine most of us will know by the beginning of March if they're still going to manage this trip or not. I'm hoping to book my ferry within the next 3 or 4 weeks as well.

Can everyone on Ze List let me know asap if they're still on for this trip?

TIA

Ronno

I"m In Ronno,

Looking at the hotel, is it "The Elephant" ?

Has it always been called this, or have they renamed it to suit the guests who are staying for the festival ?

:nenau

:beerjug:

I"m In Ronno,

Looking at the hotel, is it "The Elephant" ?

Has it always been called this, or have they renamed it to suit the guests who are staying for the festival ?

:nenau

:beerjug:

It is.

A bit of advice. Don't mention the war, 1966 or Russian linesmen and you should be OK :thumb

It is.

A bit of advice. Don't mention the war, 1966 or Russian linesmen and you should be OK :thumb

You didn't do a bad job of it in 2008 :augie

If anyones interested heres my ride report :jager

p.s I'm still in, looked at ferry times today :)

369876095_SU8z7-L.jpg

I think it's the kilts that do it. Last year's visit by the kilted celts is now a Jockgrim legend...
Scotlands cultural attache in national costume:D

Attachments

• beer-belly-in-kilt.jpg
    beer-belly-in-kilt.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 379
If there is room for a little one...time off is all approved and i even have the kilt...:aidan

Back
Top Bottom