Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like the journey is over....

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Like everyone else sorry to hear your news but glad the damage is (relatively) light. If there's anything needs doing over here just get in touch.

P

B*gger!

Hi Micky

So sorry to hear of the news. Is there anything practical I can do? Prof Stanley at the NGH, Sheffield is a main guy for upper limb orthopaedics once she gets back. Do you have insurance to cover Medivac? She won't be able to fly if she has a full pot of any kind - should be ok with a back splint/slab as the bandaging allows swelling to be accommodated.

Give Sue my love -and a virtual hug!
    Avril

tunamambo
    Best wishes for a safe trip home and speedy recovery from a newcomer in the US midwest.

From one Geriatric to Others Sorry to read of your woes, get well soon sue and good luck with your 'Adventure' getting yourselves and the bikes back to Terra Firma.
    Regards Uncle Bob and Val.
    07403 165 249

OK SO A LOVE AFFAIR IN 1979 THAT LASTED 8 YEARS FINALLY CAME BACK (after 23 years) TO BITE ME IN THE ARSE ON 09-04-2009 AND THEN GOT US SPLICED ON 02-09-2011!

Sorry to hear that.Having Broken 4 ribs out in the Himalayas a couple of weeks ago on a Bullet ,by hitting a tree to avoid a bus i know being out there it can seem a long way from home Hope you get back asap and are able to redo your trip when all is fine.
    You Soft Southern Jessy

My Glass is half Full

Bother

Best wishes to Sue... hope you're back safe and sound soon

anyone got any news on Micky and Sue...has Sue arrived back to the UK?

Never knowingly understood Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Decster View Post
    anyone got any news on Micky and Sue...has Sue arrived back to the UK?

Cheers matie

Eventually got Sue out on a plane yesterday morning, straight to a hospital in London, close to her daughters. She will have had an operation on her arm by now, but will have to remain in hospital for several days.

The 85km taxi ride to Islamabad airport was horrendous, unmade roads, no suspension... poor Sue was in agony. The return journey for myself was even worse. The taxi broke down four times, the driver was falling asleep. I grabbed the steering wheel twice just in time to save a head on collision. I walked away and left the driver once but he pleaded (I hadn't paid him at that time) to get back in. Apart from half an hour at the airport to see Sue off, the journey took from midnight to 8.30am the next morning

Internet at the hotel gone down, also frequent power cuts, so I'm sat in another sweaty likkle cubicle a mile away.

I'm now trying to organise air freight for the two bikes back to the UK, but it's a holiday here, Eid coming just after Ramazan, then it's the bloody weekend

Joe (the Celt) Many thanks, trying to organise with DSV.
    Bill (Fanum) Many thanks, hopefully sorted by a man who knows a man
    Fran (Magnet) We'll have a bier or five gal
    Avril (avmac7) I'll give Sue a hug when I see her ta.... give you one too a hug that is

To everyone else who has posted.... thank you
    I hope to have means to get the bikes back home when back in the UK, so thanks to all who have offered.

Adventure.GS
    Tours, training or custom made earplugs ... it's all here.

"If you want the rainbow then you have to put up with a little rain" Dolly Parton

Good to hear things are getting sorted and Sue has escaped. Looks like you need to watch your back / sides / above you as "they" seem to be out to get you as well

OMG, first time i've checked in for a bit and see this

Glad your OK Micky and Sue is back home, a sad end to a dream trip

Just a thought, how about forgetting the knee jerk "get the bikes back" and leaving them there somewhere. Maybe in 6 weeks or so you can return and continue the trip?

Either way, all the best and thinking of you

Phil + Lisa

Good news to hear Sue got back and will be near family.

Take care Micky and looking forward to your Ride and Rescue Report when you get back and have had a few

Our dream, the aim, was to ride overland to Nepal and Buthan, get there November December and then head for home dodging winter. That's not possible now, so to resume the journey after Sue mends is not in the equation I'm afraid. The stay here, getting the bikes back home to Blighty will soak up all our remaining budget.

Sue has gone home to get proper medical treatment and she feels as though she's going home with her tail firmly between her legs

Mission failed

But nothing could be further from the truth, she's a sixty year old 5'2" lady of steel with 'tough' written through to the core. She rode 7,500 miles overland to northern Pakistan, over some terrible roads, and no roads, before the prat took her out. Even Rossi couldn't have got out of that one.... I was yards behind and I still hit the fecker

She even did it on a 250cc 'bike She even did it with me

The 'fecker' ... we asked the police to release him and not to prosecute. If I'd got hold of him at the time I'd have murdered him, but it was an accident. Anyway, if the prisons are any worse than the hospitals no one deserves that fate, even a mass murderer

The family came to visit Sue in hospital, and once back at the hotel too. The miserable one on the left is the culprit. Got to give him some due for coming to visit then haven't we

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Adventure.GS

"If you want the rainbow then you have to put up with a little rain" Dolly Parton

The family came to visit Sue in hospital, and once back at the hotel too. The miserable one on the left is the culprit. Got to give him some due for coming to visit then haven't we

[/QUOTE]

Don't be surprised if they turn up on your doorstep one fine day

Good to know you're both safe now

any accident you can walk/ stagger away from and be reflective about is alright in my opinion.

good to hear things are sorting themselves into an sort of order.

Micky I salute your missus, she's done more on a bike in one day on your trip than I've done in my biking life. She just has to change her thought process a bit and think what she has just achieved and overcome, she should think of the kudos she now has, I bet if the local press were to hear about her they'd run an article. And she has a lovely forgiving nature as well, I'm in awe of her

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Micky I salute your missus, she's done more on a bike in one day on your trip than I've done in my biking life. She just has to change her thought process a bit and think what she has just achieved and overcome, she should think of the kudos she now has, I bet if the local press were to hear about her they'd run an article. And she has a lovely forgiving nature as well, I'm in awe of her

Cheers Dickieboy

Oh ... she's not my missus, oh no. We don't even live together, we're errr mmmm ah well, we're just good friends shall we say

She even rode through the Gobi Desert on the last adventure

Spoke to Sue today, she can't have the operation until later next week when the infection to the wound has been sorted! God know's what it would have been like had she still been in that rat infested hospital here in Abbottabad

I've found a freight company, cheers Joe (The Celt) DVS look like coming up trumps. Just need to get the bikes to Islamabad on Monday and we're sorted.

No bier forthcoming yet Bill (Fanum) even though promised

Thanks again guys

Two hours to get this done ... bloody power cuts
    Adventure.GS

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast