Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Looks like the journey is over....

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Micky View Post
    Cheers Dickieboy

Oh ... she's not my missus, oh no. We don't even live together, we're errr mmmm ah well, we're just good friends shall we say

She even rode through the Gobi Desert on the last adventure

Spoke to Sue today, she can't have the operation until later next week when the infection to the wound has been sorted! God know's what it would have been like had she still been in that rat infested hospital here in Abbottabad

I've found a freight company, cheers Joe (The Celt) DVS look like coming up trumps. Just need to get the bikes to Islamabad on Monday and we're sorted.

No bier forthcoming yet Bill (Fanum) even though promised

Thanks again guys

Two hours to get this done ... bloody power cuts

your handling this bloody well mate that first cold beer when you get home is going to sit rather well methinks
    Dont Bogart that joint my friend, pass it over to me

Fair play to the guy and his family for visiting Sue in hospital. Can't have been easy for them, forgivness, understanding and parting on good terms is always best in the long run

I'm amazed in a way that Sue feels a sense of failure - I think if Pakistan had have been your planned final destination she would have been very proud of her achievement.

electrically isolated Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Just seen this Micky -

I'd have suggested James Cargo - and it's worth keeping in mind should things go awry with shipping. I really hope you don't get any more grief though.

If there's anything I can do...
    -------

The countryside is a soggy sort of place where animals and birds wander about uncooked. Gladys Mitchell

---------

Hi Micky

just seen this and read all the threads, am really sorry your trip has been cut short but really glad you are both ok, glad to hear you are managing to get sorted with the bikes but more glad that sue is getting proper treatment keep smiling and i hope you are not too long before you are back home

hey Micky - it's me

hello lover boy sorry to leave you in the mire - I know how you hate paperwork.

just left Kingston hospital, on my way back to Barnsley, maybe they operate next week - I brought back too many Asian germs to do anything yet.
    Phone charger lost - the only way I have to tell you how much I love you is via the rest of the tossers.......

now did you ever think about the Andes? you'll be ace at shipping bikes !!!!

What have you done to my lovely Yam!!

Glad you are back ok and hopefully on the mend, oh and planning for the next adventure
    Hope the arm heals quick and easy and you're fit and well asap.

All the best

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by MrIFan View Post
    What have you done to my lovely Yam!!
    'our' bike is beautiful .... untouched by anybody's hands but mine
    she is a gem, the heart of a lion she is TTRiffic

Never knowingly understood Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracie View Post
    hello lover boy sorry to leave you in the mire - I know how you hate paperwork.

Phone charger lost - the only way I have to tell you how much I love you is via the rest of the tossers.......

now did you ever think about the Andes? you'll be ace at shipping bikes !!!!
    Hey darlin' .... loves you too

I don't have a phone charger here in down town Islamabad, so we'll just have to continue our love life in front of all these tossers eh

Glad to hear that your heading north, hope the journey is better than the taxi ride from Abbottabad to Islamabad airport that night

Hey Ian ... that likkle TTR of yours is a gem, it faired better than Sue in the accident.. Not a mark on it. A slight twist of the forks in the yokes was soon sorted. It suits Sue down to the ground (pun intended) they're both 'likkle crackers'. I went down too ... and not a mark on the 800 neither. Incredible really.

I've got two carnets here in Islamabad ... both bikes are stamped out of Pakistan, they're on their way home, albeit at a cost of about four grand total.

I hope to be on the plane outa here Thursday afternoon

Thanks for all the interest and well wishes folks

Now then Gracie, for all the heartache you've caused me I'm gonna spank your ass when we next on our own

This is better than Coronation Street eh

PS Yeah .... South Americal next darlin'
    Adventure.GS
    Tours, training or custom made earplugs ... it's all here.

"If you want the rainbow then you have to put up with a little rain" Dolly Parton

Back to IRELAND

Sorry Mick to hear about all the above. Good to know you are all ok (ish)
    It will be back to the’ Ring of Kerry’ with Andy again!!!!!!!!!

I've got two carnets here in Islamabad ... both bikes are stamped out of Pakistan, they're on their way home, albeit at a cost of about four grand total.

I hope to be on the plane outa here Thursday afternoon

Thanks for all the interest and well wishes folks
    Good to hear you are back today/tomorrow....hope you get another trip going.

Heal well soon Gracie.

Looking forward to a RR.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracie View Post
    hello lover boy sorry to leave you in the mire -

Hey darlin' .... loves you too

I don't have a phone charger here in down town Islamabad, so we'll just have to continue our love life in front of all these tossers eh

Now then Gracie, for all the heartache you've caused me I'm gonna spank your ass when we next on our own

PS Yeah .... South Americal next darlin'

Woah, Get a bloody room, you're like a pair of manking teenagers.

Only just seen the whole thread, wow you dont do things by halves do you.

Glad you're both Ok, see you Monday night @ Treeton
    Why PLAN when you can play it by BEER

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Woah, Get a bloody room, you're like a pair of manking teenagers.
    Yeah .... you got a problem with that matie

Maybe see you at Rainbow Saturday, I hope to be there

Them thar goodies you sent to Asia with us Norm went down rait well thank you

Adventure.GS

"If you want the rainbow then you have to put up with a little rain" Dolly Parton

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Murphy View Post
    Sorry Mick to hear about all the above. Good to know you are all ok (ish)
    It will be back to the’ Ring of Kerry’ with Andy again!!!!!!!!!
    See you in Ireland Mike

Adventure.GS

Sue has gone home to get proper medical treatment and she feels as though she's going home with her tail firmly between her legs

Mission failed

But nothing could be further from the truth, she's a sixty year old 5'2" lady of steel with 'tough' written through to the core. She rode 7,500 miles overland to northern Pakistan, over some terrible roads, and no roads, before the prat took her out. Even Rossi couldn't have got out of that one.... I was yards behind and I still hit the fecker

She even did it on a 250cc 'bike She even did it with me

:
    A mission failed!
    Nothing could be further from the truth Micky as you've said.
    She's achieved much more than most folk and the accident is the risk we all run.
    KEA

Quote Originally Posted by Timolgra View Post
    ........ and the accident is the risk we all run.
    So very true Tim

I eventually sorted misen out ....

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Adventure.GS

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Good to see you today

Some links that might be helpfull:

http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/m.../Content/Cargo

and as you can see, there's one or two agents at Manchester:

http://www.locallife.co.uk/manchester/aircargo3.asp

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast