Matron's Progress...............

And they left Perth well ahead of schedule too, arriving at Dunblane as I was having a coffee, an hour before they should have been there....
Weather was mixed between Dunblane and Johnstonebridge.
Hopefully this is a pic of the Marion and Jill having coffee, and Honister, at Johnstonebridge.

Attachments

• jog le 03 04.04.22.jpg
    jog le 03 04.04.22.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 709
Vern was fair itching to get on. They were threatening to arrive very early on Friday and camp their tents in the germanic way - before anyone else could get down and make their pitch.
Some guy wanted a picture of the bikes all lined up together, and something about his wife not letting him have one because he dumped her off one a long time ago - tough luck mate.
Honister and I left them at Carlisle.
For some reason unbeknown to me the northboud A& was closed and the diversions were not clearly signposted and I got lost in some stupid little villages/hamlets in Cumbria. GPS looking a good proposition - I wish.
Boring pic:

Attachments

• jog le 02 04.04.22.jpg
    jog le 02 04.04.22.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 669
I believe he's carrying the Supaglue, Duct Tape and his Toolbox, just in case.................;)

CC

:cool:

Mike O said:
Good effort Girls!

Mike:thumb

ps Is anyone else confused as to what Vern is doing on the girls' run :confused:

:hapybnce:

Vern's really a girl.... didn't you know

Just spoke to him/her and their well on schedule for arrival early tomorrow :thumb

and...

fresh bread just finished baking, reception committee ready and waiting - where are they??

Come on Tiff - we're all eagerly awaiting an update....

Have a great weekend you lot - weather looks like it's gonna be superb. :beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug:

they've made it

matron has arrived at lands end. tiff has just phoned home to tell me to post it - they are now on their way form lands end to treen

Sam ( the glamourous sister)

Congratulations all round...........

......... a sterling effort ladies, well done......

Have a :beer: and then tell us all about it.........

Cheers

Dutch:beerjug:

we are here.....

we are here........

at tiffany's house having a well earned bacon sandwich

thanks to everybody who cheered us on
especially our groupies

keith c
honister
dutchman
rev chuck
ned flanders
ralphy
mike belch
nobby

who all met us on the way or at the end

also to the couple who were waving franticaly on a bridge over the A30 near cheriton bishop

xxx

i'm going to bed

coolcarbon said:
I believe he's carrying the Supaglue, Duct Tape and his Toolbox, just in case.................;)

Having met Vern & the girls en-route earlier today at Taunton services I can WELL believe he's carrying all the above; he sure doesn't 'travel light':D :D :D

Well done to the tired travellers; enjoy your weekend (when you wake up from a well-earned sleep)....................

Well done Girls

Well done girls , and Vern of course.
Glad you made it there safe and sound.

Sweet dreams.

Regards

Tim
:beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug:

Glad to hear that you have all made it, girls. Hope that the weather was a bit better for you, and not too many strong cross winds to contend with. Well done.

Never mind what Vern was carrying, the beast itself was something to behold, assuming you could see past the layers of things covering the bike. Well done Vern - top bloke.

Fantastic,

Well done to the girls and a pat on the back to all those who also chipped in with help, support and encouragement.

Now can we have a pic of Sam (Tiff's glamorous sister)......

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Girls - go to the top of the class!

Well done - I think it goes without saying we're all glad to see you made it - also congrats to Vern and the Nodding Donkey for support.

Looking forward to hearing about it.

Have a great, restful weekend,

Jim and Pam
xxxx

Re: we are here.....

Matron said:
we are here........

thanks to everybody who cheered us on
especially our groupies

keith c
honister
dutchman
rev chuck
ned flanders
ralphy
mike belch
nobby

who all met us on the way or at the end

also to the couple who were waving franticaly on a bridge over the A30 near cheriton bishop

Thank's from me also, totally overwhelmed by all the support we received.
The Bikes at Land's End finish line-

Attachments

• finish.jpg
    finish.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 298
Paul G (BHT) said:
:hapybnce:

Vern's really a girl.... didn't you know

Special thanks to Vern for enduring our pace for nearly 1,500 miles. He's a Star, even had time to teach us some Dance step's ;)

Attachments

• vern.jpg
    vern.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 288

Back
Top Bottom