TEALBY FORD

gspod

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
HI
HAS ANYONE RIDDEN THROUGH TEALBY FORD (NEAR MARKET RASEN IN LINCS). IT LOOKS FAIRLY DAUNTING BUT I'D LOVE TO GIVE IT A GO. MY WIFE AND I LOOKED AT IT A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO BUT I'M ON TOURANCES AND HER TDM RUNS ON OUT AND OUT ROAD TYRES, PLUS IT'S DEEP!
COULD BE A HUMOROUS WAY TO SPEND AN AFTERNOON. :bounce1

WOW THAT'S A GREAT RESOURCE THANKS. I WILL TRY YOU TUBE TONIGHT. I USE CAPS LOCK FOR WORK AND CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO SWITCH.

WOW THAT'S A GREAT RESOURCE THANKS. I WILL TRY YOU TUBE TONIGHT. I USE CAPS LOCK FOR WORK AND CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO SWITCH.

It makes it hard for people to read..(It's also considered to be shouting, and it's rude ;))..and if you "can't be bothered to switch" for the sake of one button push, perhaps other people won't be bothered to reply to you ;)

Easy ish on the F650GS but I doubt I'd try it on the GSA, the long bit was a bit slippy

Tealby Thorpe Ford

It's fine....I do it regularly on my GSA. It can sometimes be a little slippery on the concrete exit ramp. There's also a nice network of Byways around it too. PM me if you want any more details
Paul

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OPpL3wriCpQ&hl=en&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OPpL3wriCpQ&hl=en&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Ridden at a reasonable pace it wouldn't be a problem.

Indeed it isn't. Only half way up the wheels.
<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s51NL2KJMY0&hl=en&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s51NL2KJMY0&hl=en&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>
Things only get tricky when it's wheel depth or you go too fast/slow.

Thanks for all the replies about Tealby ford. I have done it in a peugeot 106, which was a laugh, I shall now try on my 1100 gs.
I'm sorry if you were offended by caps lock but I was not aware of any etiquette that is expected to be followed in todays modern biking world. It's all so different from the day I walked into the local bikers pub aged 16, as long as you rode a bike (it didn't matter what it was), drank beer and had a laugh that was all that was expected of you :rob. Still I suppose it's better in some ways - the bikes certainly are.
Regards :beerjug:

I'm sorry if you were offended by caps lock but I was not aware of any etiquette that is expected to be followed in todays modern biking world.

No 'offence' taken by me, but it's so much nicer to read without the caps lock.

:thumb2

Greg

It's all so different from the day I walked into the local bikers pub aged 16, as long as you rode a bike (it didn't matter what it was), drank beer,Kept whippets and pigeons, and always used the caps lock on the typewriter, had a laugh that was all that was expected of you :rob.
Fixed it for you :D

It was staffies where I grew up - darn sarf

Thanks for all the replies about Tealby ford. I have done it in a peugeot 106, which was a laugh, I shall now try on my 1100 gs.
I'm sorry if you were offended by caps lock but I was not aware of any etiquette that is expected to be followed in todays modern biking world. It's all so different from the day I walked into the local bikers pub aged 16, as long as you rode a bike (it didn't matter what it was), drank beer and had a laugh that was all that was expected of you :rob. Still I suppose it's better in some ways - the bikes certainly are.

ALL CAPS slow reading speed by about 15 percent. Given that website visitors tend to want to obtain and read information quickly on the web, making web content harder to read by using ALL CAPS should generally be avoided. The human brain does not read each individual letter. It reads a word as a whole. Therefore it sees the shape of the word. By Capitalising that easily recognised shape is lost and so it takes longer to read.

This has nothing to do with being a biker. It is standard web etiquette which has been around since the early nineties. :augie

been through in my Jeep Cherokee - very gravelly bottom so keep the revs up and stick with it

Back
Top Bottom