Thread: more swiss pics

Stay Frosty Click here to find out how to Subscribe

more swiss pics

i can't compete with steve's excellent report, so i'm not going to try.

my camera went tits up soon after arriving in switzerland, so i was left using the rubbish camera on my iphone.
    to make the most of a bad situation, i mostly took panoramas which i used the iphone Autostitch app to create in quiet moments in the evening. some of them then got run through the Camerabag and Colorsplash effects apps.

on magnum's patio/balcony overlooking Lake Leman

nice view, to wake up to in the morning

gerry being a swinger

there's no stopping him really

and then it's "no more pictures"

view from our room in st. moritz

the fleet at anchor

arosa

hotel bar in arosa

view from our room at nauders

grindlewald

some where between arosa and grindlewald?

mmmm hairpins

i really must think about one of them G10s that were much in evidence on the trip

Deadhead Member Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    You obviously didn't pay attention to the 'what camera' thread did you

I think those are excellent pictures and the photostitching worked a treat - I didn't know the iPhone could do that so shall look forward to having a play

Anyway, back to the piccies.....like I said, excellent and goes to show it's not kit that produces a good piccie

Andres
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    One of the five imbeciles of the vainglorious big swinging dick types of the Harley section

Great pics Cookie. The stitching really adds something

I like the pictures as well

Adie

sometimes you just have to love technology

geotagging iphone + iphoto

Come on, now you're just showing off!

Nice pictures though.

DomB
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post

sometimes you just have to love technology

geotagging iphone + iphoto

eeeks - I didn't know they could do that.... how does it work....onyack

Quote Originally Posted by DomB View Post

you need to take the the original photo with a camera that embeds geotag data into the photo file.
    when the pic is then opened in iPhoto, there's a little i button, click it and the map showing location is revealed.

very cool, but as yet, only a couple of cameras can do it without the aid of separate geotagging devices.
    the nikon P6000 which seems a good camera, but rubbish at the gps bit, or an iphone which is great at gps, but has a rubbish camera

gotta be a big feature in future cameras. surely?

Cookie

If you don't mind could you list the app's for doing the Iphone picture stiching and the Geotagging. I take these are from the App's store on Itunes? freebies or do they cost hard cash

cheers

Adie

the geotagging is done on my 3G iPhone as long as the Location Services is switched on.
    as i said there is a nikon that claims to be able to do it internally as well, but reviews say it doesn't really work.
    there are gps devices that you sync with your camera clock, then insert your memory card after use in the camera. they transfer the gps data to the picture files.
    more links:
    http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2008/05/how-to-geotag-y/

http://cameras.about.com/od/accessor...or-Cameras.htm

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...ny_camera.html

i just plug my iPhone into my mac and it puts all the pics into the photo proggy that all macs come with: iPhoto. this has the capability to read the geodata and can instantly bring up the map as shown in my earlier screenshot.
    i'm sure other progs can do it in windows, but thankfully i've never needed to use any

the programs i used to frig around with the pics in the iPhone were:

autostitch for panoramas.

camerabag does the old school camera effects.

colorsplash does the black and white/colour seperation thing, and is probably the most fun to use.

all are paid apps from itunes, but i don't think they come to much more than a fiver all in.

i'd really like to try it with a better camera, but the integrated hardware is not out there yet and i don't want to get a 3GS with much better camera just now.

Iphone

iphone on Orange from October.

Register your interest on orange shop. I have

cheers

Gerry H.

Cheers Cookie.
    I have both the apple Mac and the 3G IPhone so will look for the apps you recommend and have a play. I am no photographer hence recently selling my G7 but liked your pictures and effects generated so though I would give it a go..I am not particularly looking for top quality images. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Adie

the geotagging is done on my 3G iPhone as long as the Location Services is switched on.
    as i said there is a nikon that claims to be able to do it internally as well, but reviews say it doesn't really work.
    there are gps devices that you sync with your camera clock, then insert your memory card after use in the camera. they transfer the gps data to the picture files.
    more links:
    http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2008/05/how-to-geotag-y/

http://cameras.about.com/od/accessor...or-Cameras.htm

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...ny_camera.html

i just plug my iPhone into my mac and it puts all the pics into the photo proggy that all macs come with: iPhoto. this has the capability to read the geodata and can instantly bring up the map as shown in my earlier screenshot.
    i'm sure other progs can do it in windows, but thankfully i've never needed to use any

the programs i used to frig around with the pics in the iPhone were:

autostitch for panoramas.

camerabag does the old school camera effects.

colorsplash does the black and white/colour seperation thing, and is probably the most fun to use.

all are paid apps from itunes, but i don't think they come to much more than a fiver all in.

i'd really like to try it with a better camera, but the integrated hardware is not out there yet and i don't want to get a 3GS with much better camera just now.

one other thing...i think you need iLife 09 for the version of iPhoto that does the location biz.

i think the feature concerned is called Places.

one other thing...i think you need iLife 09 for the version of iPhoto that does the location biz.

i think the feature concerned is called Places.
    I have leopard OS with Ilife 08. I am considering going to the upgrade of Snow Leopard but take it Ilife 09 is a seperate upgrade again at extra cost..ill have a look. Thanks again.

Adie

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty1 View Post
    I have leopard OS with Ilife 08. I am considering going to the upgrade of Snow Leopard but take it Ilife 09 is a seperate upgrade again at extra cost..ill have a look. Thanks again.

Adie
    you can get a special deal on snow leopard, ilife 09 + iwork 09 - £125

all of the above available from the usual, internet sources as well

www.humvee-graphics.com Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Twotter View Post
    Great pics Cookie. The stitching really adds something
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by DomB View Post
    Never mind all that.........you had the best camera on the trip by far and it was a rare thing to get a pic of you without the camera.........so let's see what you've got
    Visit our web shop for stickers/graphics/pannier wrap kits for your GS/Adventure bike
    web shop; www.humvee-graphics.com The originals and the best
    Limited range of our products available on e-bay, our shop; humveegraphics
    Facebook; http://www.facebook.com/humveegraphics