Airhawk cushion for £15

MarkShelley

Very similar to Paolo Maldini
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well, not exactly, but I did a bit of googling a few weeks ago looking at inflatable cushions as in my opinion the Airhawks are just too expensive for what is a bag of wind. I came up with this,
http://www.betterlifehealthcare.com/view_product.php?prodID=3784
I used it today under my sheepskin on a trip to Sussex and back. It was brilliant!
It is made from a heavy duty soft touch rubbery material similar to that used on good quality inflatable camping matresses. As you can see on the link it could also double up as a pillow for your camping trip. Here is a pic of it on my GS

Attachments

• stadium seat cushion 002.JPG
    stadium seat cushion 002.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 4,100
I did not fix the cushion at all. I slipped it under my sheepskin which is only held on by a bit of elastic under the seat. The lugs you can see on the sides which have the little poppers which allow you to fold it in two to make a pillow could easily be pierced to put a bit of elastic under the seat. By the way, in 280 miles it didn`t loose any pressure either.

dont they feel wobbly at all?

I suppose if you fully inflated it then it would be, but that is not the correct way to use these things. You put in just enough air (which isn`t a lot) to make your arse `hover`, if you know what I mean to spread the load evenly over a larger area.

I suppose if you fully inflated it then it would be, but that is not the correct way to use these things. You put in just enough air (which isn`t a lot) to make your arse `hover`, if you know what I mean to spread the load evenly over a larger area.

Are they made in a size that would suit the larger buttocked GSers? :augie

Are they made in a size that would suit the larger buttocked GSers? :augie

sure :thumb2

66973E.jpg

Strange one this, lady just called to confirm my payment. You see, it didn't go through last night as my popup blocker kicked in...:blast

Just recieved mine this morning. Absolutley first class item for the money. Going out on the lash this weekend with what Ive saved on an Airhawk. Even if it only lasts a few years, its cheaper in the long run to dispose of it and purchase another. Might just get another one in case they get pulled from sale. Fits a treat on my Strom. Its already a good comfy seat but this makes it better.

Arrived this morning, great qualityand rapid delivery.
What more can one ask?
Alan R

Just received a couple and will be trying them out down to Corsica in a couple of weeks - can't really go wrong at that price :)

Thanks for the heads-up :thumb2

Andres

Back
Top Bottom