Electra Glide-Great Bike

Oh yeah ....?

:eyebrow

Greg
:hide

That last shadow photo is a classic :)
'Glides are fantastic bikes are they not? Sold mine in June.:(
What never ceases to amaze me is that there are so many people who've never been on a Harley,let alone ridden one in the U.S,that slag them off as piles of junk. You've been there,done it :clap and I say again,that photo, just...........cool. :cool:
As for filtering through the traffic on the M62 on a freezing cold January morning,on a 'Glide,forget it.

I thought the pic was cool too.I'll pass on the compliments to the photograhper

Loved the Glide-so easy to ride and so bloody comfy for both rider and pillion.

Playing music on the CD was fab too,especially with selected tracks to suit the scenery.

I would love one for pootling around UK/Europe but wrapped up in helmet and clothing wouldn't be the same.

Perhaps I'll keep the 950SE ,sell the K13 and Scram* and get something like a Glide for sunny days.

*feck knows what bikes I'll have if any when the (soon to be ex) wife has robbed me and left me in the gutter on bread and water.

Enjoyed the Glide doing similar in the US 2005...

day2i.jpg

day4e.jpg

matters.jpg

write up here www.whereistonynow.co.uk/honeymoon.htm

I've got an Ultra CVO 2009, really love it. You need to be careful at low speed because of the weight (410kg) but she makes me smile every time I go on her.

Dynamically it can't match a BM or Jap or Italian bike but that isn't what it's about.

Jon

I did a bunburner 1500 on my 92 Electra Glide Classic a couple of years ago. Stirling to John O'Groats to Lands End to Warwick. 1530 miles in 29 hours. It was ace, never missed a beat despite the constant heavy rain, and did 27mpg :eek:

And that is the only weak spot on the Glide for me, thirsty when pushed, and the tank is too small.

I will have another someday though, because they make me smile. It's the sound you know:D

David

Gave a mate a lift to the dealers last week to collect his Dyna Glide. I'm still tempted :blast

We tried ...

... the immaculate '96 Electraglide that Devon was selling last year, took it out for the day; first half of the journey was fraught as I was not in the right 'mode'. Return journey was much more chilled and consequently much smoother. Could see the appeal but not for what I needed it for i.e. blatting between London & Devon, but someone got a bargain :clap

I Had a Road King for 3 years and loved it. Then a Road glide which rode well but was really ugly .If I had the money free I'd get another Hog ,probably a nother Fat Boy:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom