Does ANYONE make fully waterproof clothing???

Rukka used to make those rubberized suits (oo errr) I had one twenty years ago, it did not leak and cost 50£ at the time..

Yup, have one of those too, perfect over leathers.....seemed to have shrunk a few years ago though.......:nenau :D

Yup, have one of those too, perfect over leathers.....seemed to have shrunk a few years ago though.......:nenau :D

Me too, although the make is Baleno. Not sure if they are still available. I have used the same pair of overtrousers and jacket for nearly twenty years over leathers. Never let in any water. Haven't worn the jacket much but the trousers have had loads of use. It's a sort of rubberised stretchy material and I think it's a little bit breathable as well, certainly not as hot and sweaty as the nylon oversuits.

It just dawned on me that it could be your stich??

Is it a brand new one?

Their quality standard seem to be slipping and I think they have probably outsourced production to a sweatshop in the far east now and downgraded on the Cordura they use.

Maybe that is why :nenau

BTW ... My Dainese kit survived the Scottish rain

Got it a couple of years ago :nenau

Naomi's Dainese kit worked perfectly also :blast

I have an IXOn jacket, it is the 2nd one I have had because I binned the bike and tore the first one in the slide...one was a Ranger and one was a Tracker, can't remember which way round now. Anyway, they are both totally dry even in 400 mile rides through torrential rain - I mean torrential to 50mph max speed due to visibility and standing water on the mway type rain - remember those floods on the M5 a couple of years ago - I was in that. The jackets kept me totally dry. In the summer I don't wear the quilted lining, it just zips out. In the winter that quilted lining is toasty warm with just a shirt and sweater beneath. There is a removable fleece neck warmer/baffle thing. I don't like it because it makes it difficult to turn my head, so I just leave it out and use a buff over the neck of my balaclava.

For trousers I have a pair of Richa textile ones with leather on the knees and bum. They too have a quilted lining that comes out for th esummer and is excellentlly warm through the winter. Again, totally dry for those downpours and long rides through constant rain.

Jacket isn't cheap at about £200, but the trousers were only £60 off the peg.

I like my Dainese kit :cool:, but did Naomi stay dry because you took the full force of the weather and being tucked in behind a big lad like yourself helped..:nenau

That's definitely a possibility but we were out in it all day so I'd assume she'd get soaked sooner or later - she was bone dry :(

Back
Top Bottom