Standard Electrglide Pillion Comfort

I wish you wouldn't keep posting these photos.......... they make me want to get one.:drool Don't think the budget will allow unfortunately.:(

Stage 1

Hi everyone - stage 1 complete today taken out for a test ride and it is awesome!

Noisy at low speeds but still acceptable for me and my pillion and it is a lovely mellow tone at 60-70.

Engine feels much looser and smoother and in 6th gear she doesn't mind cruising at 50mph. Performance is slightly better overall but that could be the noise making you feel like you are doing 200mph!

Extra gauges fitted, all chromed, all I have to do now is try to get my old 8 track fitted in the hole in the dash...

Any advice on what bike lift I should buy?

Have a great weekend!

Attachments

• Harley pics 004.jpg
    Harley pics 004.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 98
  • Harley pics 005.jpg
    Harley pics 005.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 97
Hi everyone - stage 1 complete today taken out for a test ride and it is awesome!

I was afrit you'd say that.:blast

Any advice on what bike lift I should buy
I think mines called the Americana or something. Works fine. Just make sure whatever one you do buy will go low enough to slide under the bike.

The Monster Ovals are Vance & Hine? Does not installing them invalidate the warranty?

A bit off topic, but have you noticed the position and action of the fuel disconnect/cut off, the pannier retaining system and the locking side stand: just well thought out and nicely made. Unlike the pillion accommodation.

Looks sweet, that's how they should come out of the factory :thumb2

You just need to put 10k on the clock to get it run in now :roll

Yes...um it doesn't invalidate the warranty if Harley's fit them.....they get you all ways. I also agree that the way the bike is laid out and put together is very nice and now we have sorted the pillion seat I am enjoying it more than I did the GS. I have also managed to do 3500 miles without thinking of breaking down....and I don't need to keep it on a Optimate charger (not as long as this weather keeps nice and we can keep riding!)
Cheers.

forget the 8 track

i fitted a sony marine radio/cd/mp3 player in mine, cost about £100 for the player from ebay and £60 for the harley uprated speakers.

Thats the one!

thanks Nick - seen this one on Ebay - is this similar to the one you bought? It's a lot cheaper than a Harley one! This one is £99.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sony-CDX-MR50...s_PP?hash=item29ff0f5bd4&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Is the wiring already there or do you have to live wire it yourself? I am assuming you have to fit an aerial on the back.

good value, wiring not plug and play, but not too difficult, i fitted the stereo, and sold the bike before the speakers had arrived, so new owner wired up the speakers and connected an aerial.

one problem, handle bar switches not wired up, and if you use speakers you dont get the speed related volume which was very usefull on my Ultraglide SE.

Thanks for the info,will have a think about it for now .
Nick F6 great bike had one with matching sidecar when the kids were young.
Would buy a new one if they still made it ,rune not quite two up bike.

Back
Top Bottom